PDA

View Full Version : last day

jayh
11-02-2018, 5:05pm
Last day for the season weed cutting and raking,so I took my point and shoot

the swamp chooks have been folllowing me for weeks,and are not afraid of

the noisy splashing boat,that provides them with their favourite tucker.

The beast

looking east the lake and the creek

swamp hens feeding on cumbungi

looking north, lake Gol gol

***Link removed as possible malware as advised by OP***

STRANGE ? I keep replacing this url,the link works and shortly thereafter the url appears to have changed ? and the link is defunct.

ameerat42
11-02-2018, 5:40pm
Nope! You can just click on the link and it plays. But you can see the other
videos you've got as well. Did you want that? It's a strange embed link for
pasting here.

Interesting, though. Ta.

jayh
11-02-2018, 5:48pm
aside from a ducati running,I have no other videos ?

ameerat42
11-02-2018, 5:53pm
Sorry. I see now they're "videos from staff picks":nod:

jayh
11-02-2018, 6:18pm
Cheers Am,I must have an issue at my end,I'll run some anti malware software and see if that helps.

Mark L
11-02-2018, 8:39pm
So is that an irrigation canal thing you are cleaning up?
And they're not swamp chooks.:p

jayh
11-02-2018, 9:37pm
Yeah Mark, It's a natural creek from the river to the swamp (near my place),and then it was diverted around the swamp in a man made canal.
This canal met up with the outlet from the swamp,the natural creek,which then flowed toward the lake.At this point is was again turned
into a man made canal (which skirts the lake). So essentially it is an irrigation channel,which occasionally supplies minimal water to both
of these huge (dry) wetlands during large flood events,instead of annually. The effects to the enviroment are as you would expect,hence
many of my photos are of dead box and redgum.On the positive, when flooded these areas are a huge black swan rookerie,and I mean thousands !

- - - Updated - - -

martycon
15-02-2018, 11:17pm
An interesting set of pix telling a story. Not only that, the second is a pleasant landscape.
cheers marty

jayh
16-02-2018, 8:44pm
PLEASE do not click on the link provided via vimeo,as I explained to Amereet,every time I uploaded the link ,I paid attention to it,but when I viewed it on Ausphotography ,it had changed.I trusted the link thinking it was part of the forum protocol........WELL. Either a moderator was playing games (and its not uncommon),or somehow the link has changed between the upload,and when I next accessed it ,anyways,IT'S A VERY NASTY VIRUS on my end.
Please do not think that I'm having a go at anyone on this site,this is just a warning and I'm sorry that it took so long to get back and warn you guy's.

jayh
16-02-2018, 10:04pm
OK , I'll moderate ................................, "There seems to have been a problem Jay,We are looking into it and we will get back to you as soon
as we can. rgds the Ausphoto team.

Gazza
16-02-2018, 10:11pm
Did ya click the triangle?

jayh
16-02-2018, 10:13pm
No thanks Gazza ,cheers
Sorry moderators if I offended you,but I'm slightly pissed off at the moment and I thought a moderators job was to check new posts,
but I guess that is all done by a highly intelligent computer now ,and judging human emotions is not one of their highlights..As I said
I'm sorry if you had no chance of reply. rgds Jay

ricktas
16-02-2018, 10:34pm
Jay.. get over yourself. We have not edited your link..we have not played games with your posts.

I suggest you apologise to myself and the mod team.. or I will ban you!

ricktas
16-02-2018, 10:39pm
The edit history on your post shows only YOU repeatedly edited it. Until Am did to remove the link

Your attitude to the admin/mod team sucks. Your accusations are pathetic. Pull your head in.. or as said, I will ban you!