PDA

View Full Version : Tasting Tasmania

aussirose
22-12-2017, 10:44pm
Thought I'd put it out there. A few travel friends, hubby and I have a travel plan for 2 weeks in Tasmania early May next year going from Launceston across to the east coast and down to Hobart. If you are interested, you are welcome to join us. It'll be a nice slow trip enjoying the sights.... hopefully get some good photos and having fun along the way with plenty of wine, beer and fresh sea food yummm :)

So let me know and I'll send you our itinerary. We'll be hiring our own car/campervan and staying in caravan sites along the way.... book your own.

Might be a nice idea to meetup and have some fun:)

Glenda
24-12-2017, 7:12am
Sounds like a nice bite of the Apple Isle - have fun. We already have commitments for May.

ricktas
24-12-2017, 7:59am
You will love the scenery here. When you get to Hobart (or close by) send me a PM. If I am available, i might be able to meet up and show you some of the sites. Having a local guide can be good.

ameerat42
24-12-2017, 9:13am
Make sure you miss the school hols (if you can).

ricktas
24-12-2017, 9:38am
Make sure you miss the school hols (if you can).

No School holidays here in May, Our first term holidays butt up against Easter each year, then the next lot are not till July.

aussirose
28-12-2017, 11:11pm
Thanks guys :) Yep Rick will let you know when we are in Hobart mate. Planning to do a day on Bruny.

ricktas
29-12-2017, 7:24am
Thanks guys :) Yep Rick will let you know when we are in Hobart mate. Planning to do a day on Bruny.

You will find Bruny quite boring to be honest. The Neck and the the national park at the very bottom of the island are great, but that is it. At the Neck there is now a huge car park due to the number of tourists so the photos you get after climbing the stairs to the viewing platforms are no longer as great as they used to be, because the car park takes up a huge chunk of the view. The national park (it is small) is great, the lighthouse, the coastline etc. and well worth the trip just for that, but do not expect the whole island to be amazing photo opportunities.

aussirose
29-12-2017, 9:06am
Mmmm. Thanks for the tip.

Filter
29-12-2017, 10:06am
You will find Bruny quite boring to be honest.

Brutal but true ricktas, as can been seen from Google images most of them are aerials and of course the Neck. When I returned there it was to visit family, my father's family were prominent on the island. To be honest I never went scouring for photo opportunities. I was lucky enough to be given access to the lighthouse, a great viewing perch. If you have time there is beautiful country Sth of Hobart, as far as Dover is a nice drive. Enjoy your trip I would have loved to be part of it.

poorman
05-01-2018, 5:40pm
Already planning next yrs taste at Tassie ..will be staying with family and shooting the boats as they arrive .

ricktas
05-01-2018, 7:37pm
I would say, if you have the time and some spare $. Consider doing the Pennicotts boat tour from Port Arthur. You get to go round Tasman Island, see seals, dolphins, albatross, penguins and possibly whales. You also get to take in the tallest sea cliffs in the southern hemisphere. Along with seeing Waterfall Bay (the waterfalls go straight into the ocean. The tour (on a high speed boat) is brilliant. Though wet weather housing for your camera is a must.