PDA

View Full Version : Panoramic Resizing

cupic
15-10-2017, 11:42am
I have a Pano shot from an o/s that I wish to gift to a relative
The problem is that @ 5530X36741 pixels its rather large weighting in 63mb @ 220dpi
I'd like to retain the overall format but with canvas printing .
I took the pano in portrait mode and by memory it was 24 shots

cheers

ameerat42
15-10-2017, 12:40pm
Are you trying to send it online? What file type is it? Jpeg, perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

OK, more to read...
So what size canvas printing?
You said 220 DPI, but are you reading from Photoshop? It will be 220 Pixels per inch (PPI).

Anyway, as it is, that will be some 167 x 25 inches:eek:
On canvas yu would not need critically high definition (but still high enough).

So to confirm, are you using Photoshop, and will you want to re-sample the file?
That means you will reduce both its dimensional size and its filesize. For instance:
If you just halved its dimensions, you would reduce the file size to 1/4 the present
size.

Looking forward to some more details...

arthurking83
15-10-2017, 1:04pm
Are you trying to send it online? What file type is it? Jpeg, perhaps?

.... Looking forward to some more details...

At 63Mb, it should be a jpg. A tif file of those dimensions would bee at least 600Mb, more like >1Gb.. even with compression.

Yeah, until more info as to what and why you need to resize, can't really help much.

cupic
16-10-2017, 6:27pm
The file is jpeg and with the size ( I know 63mb is too much ....perhaps 6-10mb would suffice )
But with this pixel size how to redo it so its to a 2:3 format or 16:9 to print on canvas this is needed to resize it
Processed through CS5

cheers

ameerat42
16-10-2017, 6:45pm
Image - Image Size, and pick re-sample.
You will have a resampling mode set, like Bicubic and some sub-options, like
Smooth, Sharp...

Pick Bicubic only, then make sure the box "Constrain Proportions" is ticked.
Type in the size you want in pixels in one side only, like the length. The other
will change automatically. Leave your "Pixel-per-inch (or cm)" as it is (220?)
Go from there.

This will RE-SIZE the file. Like I said above, half the linear size is 1/4 the file size
in MB.

After this process, zoom in and have a good look to decide if you need to sharpen
the image. If so, and you don't know how, ask again here.

cupic
16-10-2017, 8:51pm
Thanks for the tip start on it when Im free

cheers

Mark L
20-10-2017, 10:08pm
The file is jpeg and with the size ( I know 63mb is too much ....perhaps 6-10mb would suffice )
But with this pixel size how to redo it so its to a 2:3 format or 16:9 to print on canvas this is needed to resize it
Processed through CS5

cheers

So to help you get the ratios you want I'll post a screenshot.

So select crop tool (small arrow at bottom left)
Then left click on where my amazingly constructed big red arrow is pointing to. This will give you a drop-down box that will allow you to select the two ratios you want. They are the two at bottom. Hope that works and answers your question?.:th3:

As far as file size is concerned, ask the people who will be producing what you want what file size they would prefer. Maybe you don't have to worry about it. There is an easy way to reduce it if they have a maximum file size limit though. Post if this is the case and you'll get another screenshot and more wonderful arrows.