PDA

View Full Version : A Little Too Up Close and Personal.

Floribunda
09-10-2017, 12:26pm
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4494/36871966984_777778322d_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/YbftbG)

Geoff79
09-10-2017, 12:51pm
Ha, the curious emu. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary Anne
09-10-2017, 4:02pm
A bit of a sticky-beak if you ask me :D

mikew09
09-10-2017, 8:46pm
Opps - too close LOL

tandeejay
09-10-2017, 11:27pm
Lol, When I was 6, we visited the porpoise pool at Coffs Harbour, and at lunch time, we noticed an area that had picnic tables and chairs that no one was using, and everyone was sitting on the ground outside the area eating their lunches, so in we went and sat down and took out our sandwiches...

We soon discovered why no-one was sitting in that area eating their lunch... An emu came over and took MY sandwich out of MY hand just as I was about to take a bite out of it...

Floribunda
09-10-2017, 11:59pm
Ha, the curious emu. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it took a bit of shooing away too! :D

- - - Updated - - -

A bit of a sticky-beak if you ask me :D

So curious MA - I wasn’t too concerned when it was on THAT side of the door, but when it poked it’s head around the other side and started pecking at things on the passenger seat,we had to act! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Opps - too close LOL

Much too close Mike - when they draw themselves up to full height it pays to be very, very careful! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, When I was 6, we visited the porpoise pool at Coffs Harbour, and at lunch time, we noticed an area that had picnic tables and chairs that no one was using, and everyone was sitting on the ground outside the area eating their lunches, so in we went and sat down and took out our sandwiches...

We soon discovered why no-one was sitting in that area eating their lunch... An emu came over and took MY sandwich out of MY hand just as I was about to take a bite out of it...

:D I bet most people have an emu story!
My daughter, when she was about 8, leant against the outside of a fence around a wildlife park.
An emu bit/pecked her on her bottom and drew blood, resulting in a quick trip to the local hospital. To this day she will have nothing nice to say about emus! :D

martycon
15-10-2017, 11:49pm
Crikey Lyn, it could have been worse. The emu could have been on the other side of the open door.

Floribunda
15-10-2017, 11:58pm
Crikey Lyn, it could have been worse. The emu could have been on the other side of the open door.

And that is exactly what happened Marty! When it strutted around the door and started to look as though it was going to peck at things on the back seat it was time to say “Shoo!” :D
They are a bit intimidating up close!

Mark L
19-10-2017, 9:03pm
A Little Too Up Close and Personal thinks the Emu.
What the heck is a car doing here thinks the Emu.
Get out of my space thinks the Emu.

Floribunda
20-10-2017, 12:12am
A Little Too Up Close and Personal thinks the Emu.
What the heck is a car doing here thinks the Emu.
Get out of my space thinks the Emu.

I am quite sure that is NOT what the Emu was thinking at all!

Small country town as in One Pub - nothing else, right on the Qld/NSW border (that used to be before they moved it!)
Emu was thinking he was a Customs Officer and demanding we hand over preferably something edible so we could pass.

feathers
20-10-2017, 12:53am
Brings back memories for me too:) Having a nap in the car, on a dirt road outside the town of Millicent. l awoke to a few emu's having a sticky beak.

Floribunda
20-10-2017, 1:00pm
Brings back memories for me too:) Having a nap in the car, on a dirt road outside the town of Millicent. l awoke to a few emu's having a sticky beak.
They seem to be naturally inquisitive birds Richard. On our recent trip we saw so many of them - more than the Roos, which is a bit unusual, they must be breeding up well.