PDA

View Full Version : New to photography

bonfirez
17-09-2017, 1:47pm
G'day all. I'm from Brisbane and completely new to photography. I really know nothing about it yet but have started a an online course on Lynda.com and have come here for some information and help too. I only know one guy that is really into photography but unfortunately he is about to move OS just as I could use his expertise to teach me a few things. My main interests in getting into photography is landscapes and sports but I can see my interests broadening from there as time goes on. I don't have any equipment at the moment and am looking to buy sometime very soon. My budget is pretty much in the entry-level range to get started but I'm also hopeful that I can find some good equipment 2nd hand that might be useful for a few years to come.

ameerat42
17-09-2017, 2:29pm
Hi Bonfirez. Welcome to AP. You have made a good move if you want to learn.

Have a look at the learning plan in the Library, and ask questions and post images you've tried.

You say you don't have any equipment, but at a pinch a reasonable phone cam will help you
get started. It's a bit limited, that's all, but you can still learn some of the basics.

bonfirez
17-09-2017, 4:23pm
Thanks ameerat42 and good point about the phone. I'm making a start on the Library. Cheers

Mary Anne
17-09-2017, 5:36pm
G'day bonfirez and Welcome to AP Sounds like a good plan I wish you well. Yes plenty to learn on here.
I use my iPhone sometimes for the Members Weekly Challenges :D Good luck with whatever Gear you buy.
And hope to see you posting on the CC Forums soon :2smile:

ricktas
17-09-2017, 7:30pm
Welcome to AP. When it comes to choosing gear, there is a myriad of information and opinion out there. Be assured that as long as you stick to one of the major camera manufacturers, you cannot really go wrong. They all produce high quality gear at reasonable prices (for entry level). It really just comes down to personal choice as to which brand you go with.

So pull up your chair. Join in and learn. Members here will be most helpful.

rwg717
19-09-2017, 9:40pm
Hi Bon and welcome.:D
Richard