PDA

View Full Version : SBS - 16th Sept "Chasing The Light With Ray Martin" (Ken Duncan)

nardes
16-09-2017, 8:28am
SBS Sat night 16th Sept 2017:

"Chasing The Light
Premiere
When Australia's most awarded photographer, Ken Duncan, sets out on an adventure assignment, he does so with a formidable and steel-like resolve to get the shot no matter what. On this expedition with Ken is the legendary Ray Martin, Australia's most celebrated and awarded journalists. Ray's determined to get inside Ken's head and understand what it is that separates Ken from the rest. For Ray, this is the photography adventure of a lifetime, if only he survives it. They head to Western Australia's wild Kimberley, at the tail of the big wet."

Cheers

Dennis

ameerat42
16-09-2017, 8:48am
Thanks for the info, but boy!!! - It sounds like such hype, doesn't it? Why can't they just say
"Hey, Ken Duncan's on.":confused013

nardes
16-09-2017, 9:11am
Thanks for the info, but boy!!! - It sounds like such hype, doesn't it? Why can't they just say
"Hey, Ken Duncan's on.":confused013

Hi Am

Yes - I hear you.:)

It seems that to grab folks attention these days, you have to make a lot of hyperbole noise to get the signal above the background noise.:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dennis

out n about
16-09-2017, 9:25am
Thanks dennis, SBS is not a channel I watch much so I probably would have missed it hype and all...:o now I will be watching and hoping I can pick up a few hints.

Ionica
16-09-2017, 9:28am
Seems like it may be the " Ray Martin Show ".

Mary Anne
16-09-2017, 10:16am
SBS is my favourite Channel so maybe worth a look even if only for the scenery and a laugh if RM cannot stand the humidity.

Cage
16-09-2017, 12:06pm
Thanks for the heads-up Dennis. :th3:

It's on in the middle of the Bogan football final, but I'll watch it on SBS On Demand later.

Geoff79
19-09-2017, 1:11pm
Oh, I missed this but will have to try one of those catch up things or something. Anyone know if it's being replayed at any point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim
19-09-2017, 1:17pm
Am I the only person here who doesn't really like Ken Duncan's photos? (Though I don't quarrel with his competence, he knows what he's doing.)

Cage
19-09-2017, 1:33pm
Ken Duncan was a bit of a surprise, very down to earth and not at all how I imagined him to be. He has his share of detractors but I now put that down to the Tall Poppy Syndrome. He spent a lot of time in the ochre red/azure blue sky country, and it shows in his work.

The scenery in the Kimberley is jaw dropping, and another visit is on top of my bucket list.

And Geoff, if you google 'SBS on Demand' on your computer you will be able to view the program at your leisure.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only person here who doesn't really like Ken Duncan's photos? (Though I don't quarrel with his competence, he knows what he's doing.)

One of the delights of democracy Jim, is freedom of choice.

nardes
19-09-2017, 1:54pm
Enjoyed it. The stunning scenery, locations, power of nature, etc. Very inspiring and uplifting.

Cheers

Dennis

Geoff79
19-09-2017, 2:15pm
Thanks Cage, I'll check it out.

And yeah, I dunno, Jim. I think I'd pretty happily swap my body of work with his. ;)

One thing I will say, though, is that I find his obvious fondness for panoramic shots a little curious at times. I guess it's kind of his "trademark" and more times than not it looks amazing.

But I've seen several of his shots where I've wondered if panorama was the way to go. It almost seems sometimes like the photo must be panoramic because all the others are (well, most anyway), rather than being what best suits the scene.

Now, that said, one of us makes a living taking stunning photos in equally stunning locations worldwide, and the other brings home roughly $1.40 a fortnight driving a car around the place. So I think I'll just trust that he knows what he's doing, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cage
19-09-2017, 6:07pm
Enjoyed it. The stunning scenery, locations, power of nature, etc. Very inspiring and uplifting.

Cheers

Dennis

Particularly the storm shots Dennis. Awe inspiring stuff.