PDA

View Full Version : Canon error 01

spides
10-09-2017, 7:04pm
Hi guys, I cant find anything recent so, I've recently upgraded from the 50d to the 7d2. Everything going great with both my lenses, Canon 17-55 IS and the Sigma 70-200 OS. Couple of nights ago I had the 17-55 on and did some video, it was in low light and it kept ticking like it was focusing but it just wouldnt stop. So I turned it off. The next day taking some photos and I get the error 01 message, not sure if it was a coincidence or not. I've tried every fix I can find on the net but it hasnt changed. I put it back on the 50d and works like a charm. I've noticed at 17 and 20 its fine its when it gets into 28 and above it fails. Is the 7d2 just more sensitive, has anyone else had this problem and was it fixable

Chris

ricktas
11-09-2017, 7:32am
My guess, now you have not had an answer after 12 hours, is that no-one knows the answer or because you only ever seem to come online when you need something answered, but don't help anyone else out, that everyone has decided to do the same back to you.:D

Mary Anne
11-09-2017, 4:49pm
I have had problems with the 7d2 when using my Canon f/4 300mm lens I use for Birding starting getting the error 1 message about 10 months ago, that's around 2 years after I bought the 7d2
Tried everything on line and still could not fix it, took it to a repairer who said the lens and camera worked fine when he tried it out in front of me *Oh course it did*
And yes it has done it again since, feel the 7d2 is a temperamental beast.. Why don't you give Canon a ring and ask them.. My Fix I bought a Sigma C 150-600mm lens :D

Mark L
13-09-2017, 9:47pm
I've tried every fix I can find on the net but it hasnt changed.

So I presume you've tried using a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both the lens and camera?? With your scenario I'd pay special attention to the 7D's contacts.

Mary Anne
14-09-2017, 5:01pm
So I presume you've tried using a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both the lens and camera?? With your scenario I'd pay special attention to the 7D's contacts.

Don't know if using a pencil eraser is a good idea these days Mark.
After researching and reading on many Forums also watching Video's on youtube looking for an answer, seems when using a pencil eraser it can scratch the surface and wear off the protective coating on the contacts.
I used a new lens cleaning cloth this time, that did work for awhile.