PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Old Noarlunga :)

Darwiniandude
12-08-2017, 10:20am
Hello :)

Why no Fuji logo? Haha.

My wife has an APS-C EOS and the lovely 100mm 2.8 IS macro. I started with bridge cameras before I fully understood their limits.

Favorite camera I have is an original X100, mostly I use my X-T1 which I got jut before our daughter was born with the 56mm f1.2. I’ve been able to get some lovely shots with that. Recently picked up the 23mm f2 WR second hand, so I have a wider smaller weather resistant lens too. Also have the 18-55 f2.8-f4, also bought used which is much better than the basic 18-55 that came with my wife’s camera.

Anyway, I also enjoy dabbling with seeing what’s possible without a great camera. Seeing how far I can push the iPhone 7 Plus’ portrait mode for example.

Have just stated playing with macro extension tubes, lots of limitations but capable of great results.

I have started collecting a few horrible old digital cameras, and original olypus with smart media card, a floppy drive based Sony Mavica etc.

mpb
12-08-2017, 10:27am
Welcome and have fun.
You can use a logo other than the standard ones shown. You just need to upload it.
You can find one you like on the net (check copyright) or do what I did and make your own. Its a great likeness even if I say so myself.

ricktas
12-08-2017, 11:02am
Welcome to AP. Looking forward to seeing some of your photography soon.

Mary Anne
12-08-2017, 11:04am
Hi there and Welcome to AP.. Good advice from mpb ↑ Mark about Avatars.
Nothing wrong with iPhones either plenty of Aps around to Help too.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums with whatever Camera you use :nod:

Plays With Light
12-08-2017, 11:09am
Welcome to the forum, DD! Have you investigated the Noarlunga and Southern Districts Camera Club (https://www.noarlungacameraclub.org)? They are reputed to be a friendly mob and quite willing to share their expertise. They hold regular contests for those that are interested in that sort of thing and have the odd group outing too as well as workshops from time to time.

Looking forward to seeing some of your visual explorations soon.