PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

ivans75
09-08-2017, 9:21pm
Hi, my name is Ivan and I am from Melbourne. And I am a beginer in this photography hobby. I always love taking photos especially scenery, my kids and food. And before the last 2 weeks, I've been taking photos with my phone mostly and I was afraid to get a dslr camera because it is expensive considering you need to purchase the lens separately. But finally, out of the blue I bought myself a canon 80D and my cousin who has been doing this hobby for awhile loaned me his 10-22 wide angle lens. I also bought 50mm f1.4 second hand. It is the most expensive thing I have ever purchased for myself in my entire life, but so far with my limited knowledge, i've been having fun with it. I am eager to learn and looking for guidance. Thank you for letting me being a part of this photography community forum. I would love to show what I have composed with my camera and I would appreciate all comments and feedbacks for improvement.

ricktas
09-08-2017, 9:22pm
Welcome to AP Ivan. Pull your chair up and join right in.

ivans75
09-08-2017, 9:30pm
Thank you ricktas. Reading the forum guides now :)

ameerat42
09-08-2017, 10:22pm
Welcome to AP, Ivan.

Mix some reading in with the practice and check out the Library.
(Link at top of pages.)

...And join in and enjoy.

Mary Anne
09-08-2017, 11:43pm
Hello Ivan and Welcome to AP.. This is a great place to learn so join right in and start posting on the Forum for CC.
And do have a go at commenting on other Members Posts, as that's what makes Forums Work :2smile:

ivans75
10-08-2017, 3:40pm
Thanks guys and thanks for all the lovely directions, just one thing cus i dont want to set myself on the wrong foot since i am new here, where do i put my photos for some evaluation? Is there a specific place or do we strictly use photo hosting? I dont have one yet
thanks again

Mary Anne
10-08-2017, 4:22pm
You can get your own Photo Hosting site if you want many of us here have one. Others used freebies like flickr
Put them on from your computer http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads There is a size limit of 1200 pixels on the longest side and under 400KB
And post them on the Constructive Critique Member Photos Forum that you think fits them http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forum.php
If not sure post them into one of the Sundry Forums .. Still not sure just ask here :nod:

ivans75
10-08-2017, 5:59pm
Hi Mary Anne, i clicked on that link you gave me on the "constructive critique member" bit it only takes me to the list of forum subjects

ricktas
10-08-2017, 6:58pm
Hi Mary Anne, i clicked on that link you gave me on the "constructive critique member" bit it only takes me to the list of forum subjects

As you scroll down through all the forums you will find all the critique forums. They are divided into photographic genre (with a few exceptions), so just find a genre (eg birds for bird photos) and click on that heading to see all the bird posts by members. And once you are in a specific forum, you can click New Thread to start your own thread with a photo for critique.

ivans75
10-08-2017, 7:18pm
yup got it, thanks rick

bitsnpieces
11-08-2017, 12:01am
Hi Ivan and welcome to AP

Geoff79
11-08-2017, 12:10am
Welcome aboard!