PDA

View Full Version : FEET.

Floribunda
31-07-2017, 2:58pm
Purely for interest this one.
I had never seen a Grebe's feet before and thought others may be interested too. They seem to spend most of the time when I see them floating or diving.
I was a little surprised at the size.
Huge Crop.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4322/35884549440_37379f1a71_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/WEZGmh)Grebe standing (https://flic.kr/p/WEZGmh)

Gazza
31-07-2017, 3:48pm
Well I never...!
It occurs to me now that I haven't seen them outta water before either...what a sheltered life I lead :grinning01:

Cage
31-07-2017, 3:59pm
Well I never...!
It occurs to me now that I haven't seen them outta water before either...what a sheltered life I lead :grinning01:

Wonder how I knew you'd be the first poster in a feet thread ? :lol2:

Gazza
31-07-2017, 4:09pm
:lol:......:o :o

Floribunda
31-07-2017, 4:18pm
Well I never...!

Ya learn something every day Gazza! :D

- - - Updated - - -

You weren't far behind Kev! :D
I was going to title this "Feet Fetish" - probably should have. :rolleyes:

Plays With Light
31-07-2017, 8:30pm
They must have solid webbing between their toes, Lyn, cause they sure can move away from me pretty damn fast for little things! ;)

Tannin
31-07-2017, 10:25pm
How often do you see a grebe out of the water? Practically never, unless it is sitting on the nest, in which case you can't see the feet anyway. An interesting picture, thanks for posting.

Mark L
31-07-2017, 10:27pm
Thanks Lyn for an interesting aspect.. As Alex suggests it helps explain how the move along.
The BG water looks good and I wouldn't be discourage from posting this in the bird forums. Plenty of people into birds that don't look here may be interested in this unusual capture.

Floribunda
01-08-2017, 12:41am
They must have solid webbing between their toes, Lyn, cause they sure can move away from me pretty damn fast for little things! ;)

As Tony's post in "Birds" shows - that is serious webbing! :nod: No wonder they can move fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lyn for an interesting aspect.. As Alex suggests it helps explain how the move along.
The BG water looks good and I wouldn't be discourage from posting this in the bird forums. Plenty of people into birds that don't look here may be interested in this unusual capture.

Perhaps they should look here Mark. :nod:
I think this one is in the right spot. :)

Glenda
01-08-2017, 6:52am
I've never seen one out of water before either and it looks a little ungainly with that fluffy little body sitting on two sticks. Probably needs nice big feet to paddle quickly away from all those strange people pointing big things at it. Thanks for sharing Lyn, an interesting view.

Floribunda
01-08-2017, 10:54am
I've never seen one out of water before either and it looks a little ungainly with that fluffy little body sitting on two sticks. Probably needs nice big feet to paddle quickly away from all those strange people pointing big things at it. Thanks for sharing Lyn, an interesting view.

They are certainly prettier sitting in the water Glenda. Thanks for looking.

martycon
17-08-2017, 9:41pm
Lyn I have never seen a Grebe, let alone its feet, so thanks for the post. Were this TV, I would have seen footage of a Grebe.
cheers marty

Tannin
17-08-2017, 9:44pm
^ sad

Cage
17-08-2017, 9:49pm
Lyn I have never seen a Grebe, let alone its feet, so thanks for the post. Were this TV, I would have seen footage of a Grebe.
cheers marty

Web footage perhaps Marty. :D

Floribunda
17-08-2017, 10:01pm
cheers marty

"Footage of a Grebe" - Very Droll Marty. :lol: