PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

Getafix
27-07-2017, 9:26am
Hi All,

I Recently moved to Melbourne and have a plenty of spare time to focus on my passion for photography as I am in between jobs.

I first got into photography as an automotive journalist, was the work's Nikon D70. Had it strapped to the motorcycle tank bag on all my trips, through, wind, rain and snow. However, when I moved away from that life I stopped photography too.

A couple of years ago an uncle of mine upgraded his camera gear and passed his Canon Rebel XT over to me. It sparked up my interest again and have been clicking away ever since. After much saving I recently upgraded to a Canon 5D III that I absolutely love. Most of my equipment has been loaned to me by a friend, however I am slowly working towards getting my own gear.

I joined the forum as I am hoping to learn as much as I can, participate both on and off the forum and also to meet a few like minded people.

Cheers,

Adam

ameerat42
27-07-2017, 9:30am
G'day and welcome aboard, Adam.
Yes to all you said. Participation will get you far.

Only thing is, from your experience, I think your are past Beginner and
should be Intermediate. The first category is for sgtraight-from-the-box
newbies to photography.

Am.

Getafix
27-07-2017, 9:54am
Thanks mate. Have updated my skill level to reflect the same.

Mary Anne
27-07-2017, 1:37pm
Hello Adam and Welcome to AP, Heidelberg humm now there is an area I used to know well, lived there 30 plus years.
What a shame you stopped photography years ago, though good you have started up that Hobby again.
There is plenty to learn here, lots of Competitions to enter and there are the Weekly Challenges, they are lots of Fun :nod:
Want to know anything check out the Library up the top of this page How Do I . So join right in and start posting on the Forums.

bitsnpieces
27-07-2017, 5:07pm
Hi Adam and welcome to AP :)

ricktas
27-07-2017, 6:27pm
Welcome to AP Adam. Pull up your chair, join in, show us some of your photos soon.

Getafix
27-07-2017, 9:45pm
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Itching to get my photos up and get some feedback and should have a few up tomorrow :D

rwg717
28-07-2017, 9:57pm
Hi Adam and welcome :flowersnap:
Richard

Dan05
29-07-2017, 11:02am
Welcome mate. Glad to see you started clicking away again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arnica
30-07-2017, 2:36am
Welcome to AP!