PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sydney Southern suburbs

Gary H
21-07-2017, 3:02pm
Now retired, I have time to expand my hobbies. A keen, butvery amateur, happy snapper for many years I started my digital time with aSony Mavica – a camera way ahead of its time, complete with a 3.5” floppy discas its SD card. Still have it, and still works fine and provides heaps of laughsfor the grandkids! Then moved on to acouple of Kodaks, a Z740 then a Z981 which is not far behind the current NikonD3200 in lens quality, but missing a lot of the Nikon features which I am stilllearning (slowly).The D3200 has thebasic sets of lenses 18-55 and 55-300 and the aim is to get off “automatic”, learnhow to edit, and – most important of all – have fun!

ameerat42
21-07-2017, 3:30pm
Hi Gary. Welcome to AP.

There's plenty of scope for learning and pursuing your photography on AP.
The key is to participate as much as you can. So, post, seek and give CC,
enter comps, etc, ...And, study the learning plans available here.

(Just a couple of points about your post: You have the "wrong state" in your location
details, and that color text is a bit hard to read.:th3:)

Gary H
21-07-2017, 4:09pm
Thanks for the welcome. Must have been in a confused State of mind - now fixed to read NSW. :)
Don't know where the coloured text came from.

ricktas
21-07-2017, 6:57pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

The dark coloured text happens if you copied your post from a word processor or from another website and pasted it into your Intro. (for info).

Gary H
21-07-2017, 7:09pm
Thanks, Rick. You picked it in one - I typed it in Word to work out what to say, and then copied it across.
See? I learn something new every day! :D

Cheers, Gary

Mark L
21-07-2017, 9:04pm
Welcome aboard Harry.
Sydney is such a big place. I grow up in Ingleburn and it started as "the sticks" and ended up as confusion. Glad we moved to Mudgee 15 years ago.
Hop you get involved here.

bitsnpieces
22-07-2017, 7:01pm
Hi Gary and welcome to AP :D

Gary H
22-07-2017, 7:53pm
Thanks for the welcome, Mark & David. No action from me yet, as there is so much to read in this forum. So many topics, and so little time - I'll have to take a speed reading course. :nod:
But it's all interesting, and good fun.

Cheers, Gary

Mary Anne
22-07-2017, 9:14pm
Hello Gary and Welcome to AP.. You will soon learn how to get off Auto if you hang around here.
Plenty of Fun to be had on here, try the Weekly Challenge you should enjoy that.
And I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums too :2smile:

Bercy
24-07-2017, 8:37pm
Hi Garry - I remember a friend had a Sony Mavica - lots Ooohs at the time. I forgot all about it but now remember this got be started in digital although I bought a Kodak. No idea where that camera is now! The first "performance" camera I bought was a Fuji S602Z. I have two bags of everything but when travelling light that's what I go back to!

Dan05
28-07-2017, 11:06am
Now retired, I have time to expand my hobbies. A keen, butvery amateur, happy snapper for many years I started my digital time with aSony Mavica – a camera way ahead of its time, complete with a 3.5” floppy discas its SD card. Still have it, and still works fine and provides heaps of laughsfor the grandkids! Then moved on to acouple of Kodaks, a Z740 then a Z981 which is not far behind the current NikonD3200 in lens quality, but missing a lot of the Nikon features which I am stilllearning (slowly).The D3200 has thebasic sets of lenses 18-55 and 55-300 and the aim is to get off “automatic”, learnhow to edit, and – most important of all – have fun!

G'day mate,

I use a D3200 and get some really stunning shots! Look up the speedhunters guide on how to use a camera in manual mode. It healed me heaps. And most of all have fun learning it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk