PDA

View Full Version : Return from the Abyss.

Cobalt Blue
01-07-2017, 10:35pm
Once again, I find myself drawn back in to the world of photography.

It's been more than a year, possibly even two, since I last stalked these pages and my life has been turned upside down and not completely re-righted yet.

A surprise addition to our family. By surprise I mean, I'm old and was not expecting a 4th child. And the loss of my Dad. This past year has been one of reflection and sorrow and what I felt was a stall.

After caring for my Dad through his illness, rebuilding our lives around my Nana, who he used to care for but now I do, I felt my life was at a complete stall. I felt like a shell of the person I used to be. I've only just realised that the one constant, the one safe zone, has been photography.
And with these life changes came perspective changes and a deeper value of a printed image. A memory frozen in time, created in my mind and then with my hands. So I had a little gear upgrade, life is short. I've been elbows deep in photoshop and tutorials and education and have come to the realization that I also crave the company and chatter of like minded photography lovers. So here I am. Back again.

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Teressa

fredscott
01-07-2017, 11:17pm
Hi,

hope you're doing fine.

Everything will be ok. Your dad don't want yu to be sad.

ricktas
02-07-2017, 7:18am
Hi Teressa,

Good to see you back, even if being back is just to give you some grounding. Take care and I hope through you photography you can find other things in life to help you back from the shell you feel you have become. Hopefully we get to see you on the forums a few times a week.

Mary Anne
02-07-2017, 5:12pm
Hello Teressa and Welcome back, yes life can be hard at times, I find that photography helps me forget those things. And Hope it works for you :nod:

Mark L
02-07-2017, 7:39pm
I remember the Cobalt from Cabalture. :D

Welcome back.
You do need to spent a little time each week on things for YOU. Helps you do all the other things you have to do.