PDA

View Full Version : The expected newbie post

pakman2525
29-06-2017, 11:33pm
Hi all
I'm Paul from Canberra. Relatively new to photography. I've had an entry level DSLR Canon 600D with Canon 18-55 mm and 55 -250 mm kit lenses as well as a Canon 50mm F/1.8. I've had this for a couple of years but haven't done too much with it. I am going through courses in the Photography Institute which is quite good. I am interested in Landscape, Sports and Events photography probably will look to do some street photography down the track as well. I've undertaken some gig photography for Sentinel Daily and look forward to doing more, this is what has seemed to drive my enjoyment so I am keen to get to the level of some of the photogrpahers that were at my first gig. As a result of my wife showing an interest in photography as well we have just got a Canon 6D with a Canon 24-70mm F/4 2nd hand.

This is the link to my first gig shoot output.

http://www.sentineldaily.com.au/black-stone-cherry-chase-sun-portia-brianna-factory-theatre-sydney-21042017/

aussirose
30-06-2017, 7:48am
Hi Paul. It's so nice to hear that both you and your wife are going to have something in common. Both hubby and I enjoy our photography. Join a local photography group. Don't be concerned too much about having Just an entry camera. Learn to use the settings. Concentrate on your composition and practice different DOF etc. Post here and join in. AP members are so nice and helpful. We are all learning new stuff. It's the wonderful people here that make this site so enjoyable. See you around the forums:)

Mary Anne
30-06-2017, 9:06am
Hello Paul and Welcome to AP , as mentioned above there is nothing wrong with a entry level camera, its the one who clicks that shutter button that makes those images.
Looks like you have learnt how to use your camera going by those images on the link and past the Beginner level so you are doing well there.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

ricktas
30-06-2017, 5:48pm
Welcome to AP. based on you having your gear for a couple of years and that you are shooting gigs, we have upgraded you to intermediate level, congrats.

Mark L
30-06-2017, 8:47pm
G'day Paul and welcome aboard.
Some decent photos in your link and plenty that need a faster shutter speed.;)
Posting photos, making comments on others photos and generally getting will lead you to even better photos.:th3: (and it's what makes forums like this work:))

Hoprfully see you around here.

rwg717
30-06-2017, 9:26pm
Hi Paul and welcome to AP....enjoy:)
Richard.

bitsnpieces
30-06-2017, 11:05pm
Hi Paul and welcome to AP :)

jgknight
01-07-2017, 11:33am
Hi Paul and welcome to the group. There have been many, many beautiful photos taken on entry level cameras. A good photographer can take beautiful photos on any camera.
The thing I like about this group is that they will give you constructive criticism that will help improve you photos and that way you keep improving all the time.
The site is run by a very expert group of administrators so don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

db3348
01-07-2017, 4:43pm
Hello Paul from Canberra .

Hope you enjoy the forum.

pakman2525
02-07-2017, 6:56pm
Thanks all to the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to improving my photography and talking to you all over the next weeks, months, years.
:)

Geoff79
02-07-2017, 7:37pm
Welcome aboard. Wow, you gave me a heart attack there. I thought that gig you put in your link was in Australia. Generally not my cup of tea, except pretty maids. One of my all time favourite bands. I thought you were suggesting they were coming to Australia. ;)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pakman2525
04-07-2017, 6:07pm
Hey Geoff, yes that gig was in Sydney in April this year. They were awesome, that's the second time I've seen them, the first being in Las Vegas way back in 2011.

Geoff79
04-07-2017, 8:37pm
Hey Geoff, yes that gig was in Sydney in April this year. They were awesome, that's the second time I've seen them, the first being in Las Vegas way back in 2011.

Wow mate, you serious? Pretty maids played in Australia? Do you know if they played any side shows? That's devastating news to have missed that. Out of curiosity, how much were tickets?

[emoji31][emoji26][emoji30][emoji25][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk