PDA

View Full Version : Defining the dingo

The dingo
29-06-2017, 9:24pm
Dingo is used as a derogatory term for people with limited intelligence or those who participate in idiotic pursuits.
Thats me.
I'm not a beginner to photography; just a beginner at retiring. Like most people, I take pictures of all sorts of things. They are mostly of family, travel and things that look like they might make an interesting picture. I'm not interested in winning prizes, becoming an expert or even having people criticize my pictures. I'm just interested in sharing what I have and chatting about what others do.

I havent quite figured out the out the procedures here. There's so much to read. If I stuff up, let me know.

Ill have a go at posting a picture.

no luck there. I might get back to it when I've eaten. * removed by admin*

xx

mpb
29-06-2017, 9:51pm
Welcome to the forum. The most important thing is to have fun and get involved.
It a great place to learn and to see what other people are doing.

Mark L
29-06-2017, 10:22pm
Dingo is used as a derogatory term for people with limited intelligence or those who participate in idiotic pursuits.
Thats me.
I'm not a beginner to photography; just a beginner at retiring. Like most people, I take pictures of all sorts of things. They are mostly of family, travel and things that look like they might make an interesting picture. I'm not interested in winning prizes, becoming an expert or even having people criticize my pictures. I'm just interested in sharing what I have and chatting about what others do.

I havent quite figured out the out the procedures here. There's so much to read. If I stuff up, let me know.

Ill have a go at posting a picture.

no luck there. I might get back to it when I've eaten. The 7th Dayers have moved into the park and left the tent flap open.

xx

Welcome to The dingo.
Not a beginner means changing your skill level.
You may not like people CCing you photos but you CCing others photos helps make this place work.:)

ricktas
30-06-2017, 6:14am
Welcome to AP. I have removed your reference to a religious organisation as it is not relevant to photography.

And I agree with the others, please go to your settings (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile) and edit your experience level.

Mary Anne
30-06-2017, 8:56am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Lots of info up the top of the page click on the Library button then **How Do I ** that should get you on your way.
If not then ask, there are plenty of us here to Help you :nod:

bitsnpieces
30-06-2017, 11:06pm
Hi and welcome to AP :)

The dingo
30-06-2017, 11:32pm
What what is relevant, so I don't make the same mistake twice.
i reflect on a conversation with Carlos Santana when asked what he felt was the greatest influence on his music. "Life, and all it contains" he replied.

and

"we bring to our photography all the things we are, the people we know, the books we read, the experiences we have had"

separating our our thoughts and feelings on any issue is akin to removing our teeth and asking us to eat steak.

if I took a picture of the bicycle brigade banging on my door, as they did this very Saturday, and posted it here, would a comment not be relevant?

perhaps we are too afraid of causing of fence.

everyone has the right to be offended. I hold that right dear to my heart.
unfortunately I it's impossible for me to know who will be offended.
and one should not assume an offense for someone else.

if you are obliged to edit my comments for fear of someone not liking them, I suggest you also remove my images. I'm assured by my dearest friends that not everyone likes what I photograph.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you tran.
Im looking forward to contributing as much as I am allowed

- - - Updated - - -

It seems someone has taken it upon themselves to change my skill levels to Advanced.
i appreciate the complement and hope I can live up to it.

im happy to appraise anyone's photo. I'm also happy for anyone to appraise mine. I just don't go out of my way to ask for appraisal unless I know the person appraising has the skills and knowledge to do so. It's the same when I dress. The only person that matters is my wife. The rest of the world just has to put up with how I look or look away.

ameerat42
01-07-2017, 6:56pm
Welcome to AP. Yer can put yer bags over there... There's plenty of room:cool:

Mark L
01-07-2017, 8:36pm
..... everyone has the right to be offended.

Does everyone have the right to offend?? :)

ricktas
01-07-2017, 9:39pm
It seems someone has taken it upon themselves to change my skill levels to Advanced.
i appreciate the complement and hope I can live up to it.

Well there was no way you are a beginner, as you chose on joining. :D

The dingo
01-07-2017, 11:26pm
Does everyone have the right to offend?? :)

Everyone has the ability to offend, Mark. But often the blame is placed on the wrong person. Offense is taken, not given in most cases. a person must have a personal connection to a statement before any emotion can be felt. Feeling offended by words or actions is up to the receiver.
Perhaps it might be easier to teach our children about tolerance, fortitude and resilience instead of being sensitive to everything someone says to them.
I told my father, when I was young, that someone had called me a ######## and I was upset.
"Ignore it if it's not true; change your behavior if it is" he advised me. "and toughen up. The world ain't a gentle place full of nice people, and most of them don't care how you feel"