PDA

View Full Version : Hi from W.A

gogs
16-06-2017, 12:52pm
Hi everyone,

I joined here yesterday and I am a very amateur photographer. I have a Pentax K100D with a couple of lenses.
I did a school course many moons ago with a full manual pentax camera including developing and printing the film in B/W but a lot has changed since then.
My biggest downfall is editing as I cant edit for nuts so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Marc

ricktas
16-06-2017, 2:17pm
Welcome to AP, Show us some of your photography.

Claire M
16-06-2017, 2:53pm
Hi Marc, :) Please join in the forums, including the Members Challenges, as I've found them to be helpful in inspiring me to learn more and do more with my photography (than I would have initially thought to do), as well as a bit of fun! There is also a lot of helpful advice in these forums as well. Cheers!

ameerat42
16-06-2017, 4:00pm
Welcome to AP, Gogs...

Mary Anne
16-06-2017, 5:00pm
Hello Marc and Welcome to AP.. Oh Yes things have changed over the years and not just cameras :2smile:
As mentioned above join right in and start posting on the CC Forums that way you can ask for help with Post Processing aka PP on your photos :nod:

Hawthy
16-06-2017, 5:49pm
Welcome aboard, Marc. The old K100D is a good camera. I bought a K100D Super years ago and gave it to my daughter when I switched to Nikon. She never used it and gave it back to me. I have been using it a bit and it still takes a very nice picture. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

db3348
17-06-2017, 5:17am
G'day Marc.

gogs
17-06-2017, 6:58am
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I have a post in progress, just working on attatching files, cant work it out yet lol.
Are raw files supported on the forum ? or save as jpeg first
Thanks
edit....
OK I just spotted the attatchment settings bit at the bottom, I will save a few in jpeg later and upload.. Thanks again

Roane Photo
17-06-2017, 7:37am
Hi Marc, welcome come on in and sit awhile, share some pics and I am sure we can help you with suggestions on editing. I am fairly new to the forum too and have found the Guys and Gals here to be very helpful and friendly.

bitsnpieces
18-06-2017, 7:27pm
Hi Marc and welcome to AP! :D

Kevvy
21-06-2017, 9:32pm
Welcome Marc
i too found editing a daunting task but the information available on this site, google and in books will soon have you on track.
it truly is amazing what you can achieve using photo editing software just be patient.
Cheers Kevvy