PDA

View Full Version : I am Upset

richtbw
13-06-2017, 7:52pm
Last week Thursday some lowlife (ves) gained access to our house, took my wife's jewellery and all my cameras, lenses and filters. Left the laptop which was on the table in the same room as where the camera equipment was kept. Looks like insurance will replace the camera equipment but not the jewellery. I am still pissed off!!

ameerat42
13-06-2017, 7:55pm
Rich. That is indeed bad!!! Can do nothing but commiserate.

ricktas
13-06-2017, 8:01pm
As Ice abuse (there is no such thing as a drug user, they are all drug abusers) increases, the rate of these crimes is going to increase. IMO we need to stop treating drug abuse as a social issue and return it to a criminal one.

Also be careful that once you replace stuff, you are not targeted again. Who ever did it could well be watching, knowing that in a few weeks there is a whole new batch of stuff in your home.

thegrump
13-06-2017, 8:17pm
Yes! and they do not stop at ripping off strangers.

Mary Anne
14-06-2017, 1:03am
Sorry to read that. Good advice from Rick also as I know for a fact that happens thankfully it did not happen to us.

Glenda
14-06-2017, 6:31am
I don't blame you and sorry it happened. Glad that the insurance will at least cover your camera gear.

Mark L
14-06-2017, 11:20pm
You've been a member here for 6 plus half years. 35 posts????
I'd feel a bit more empathy if you were a bit more involved here.
And of cause your circumstance sucks.

jim
14-06-2017, 11:55pm
Somewhat surprised they're not replacing the jewellery, why not? When the same thing happened to us, the Insurance company were brilliant and paid up in full for everything, even for jewellery we could only evidence by showing them pictures of my wife wearing it.

Anyway my sympathy, and I hope you lose little if anything. Even so, the whole business is a total pain in the neck, isn't it?

Hamster
15-06-2017, 12:55am
You've been a member here for 6 plus half years. 35 posts????
I'd feel a bit more empathy if you were a bit more involved here.
And of cause your circumstance sucks.

I know you like to support this site, but saying your empathy for someone's circumstances depends on how many posts they've made to an Internet forum seems.......odd, at best.

richtbw
15-06-2017, 2:20pm
Thanks Mark. I feel a lot better now!

- - - Updated - - -

Did not add the jewellery as additional to house contents. Don't ask me why I did not do it! Looks like all camera equipment will be replaced.

Mark L
15-06-2017, 9:33pm
Thanks Mark. I feel a lot better now!

No worries. :)
Sorry about my previous post. Not on top of the world ATM either.
Still hoping you can get a bit more involved here though.;)

richtbw
28-06-2017, 10:13pm
The good news is that all my camera equipment is being replaced. The D5100 is being replaced with the D5600, the rest of the equipment being replaced with what I had. I am happy as all I wanted was to be in the same position (equipment wise) that as I was before the burgulary. Expected delivery on Monday!

ameerat42
29-06-2017, 4:50pm
---At least! Still it was a :vomit1::vomit1: dog of an act!!