PDA

View Full Version : Why photographers get a bad name

MissionMan
30-05-2017, 11:50am
Not sure if I can post these so admins feel free to delete them. One of the models on the TFP Melbourne group posted this conversation she had with a "photographer". It seems like he is more of a sexual predator than a photographer.

After doing a bit of research, it looks like he may have setup a fake profile on Facebook to pose as a photographer, but it doesn't change what occured which is unfortunate. There were some people who were tempted to setup a net to catch him, but were warned off as it may have been risky.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-R2RZPXs/0/cd14e4d5/L/i-R2RZPXs-L.png

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-pCPqwkt/0/28fd89e0/XL/i-pCPqwkt-XL.png

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-MS6RG5v/0/165b47ad/XL/i-MS6RG5v-XL.png

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-6zLzQs7/0/fdb578a3/XL/i-6zLzQs7-XL.png

Jorge Arguello
03-06-2017, 4:07pm
That is quite sad. And photographer is not the only profession affected by the "virtual" world of "social media". His insinuation shows the lack of respect to the model, but still annoying.

ricktas
03-06-2017, 5:14pm
I agree that the profile is likely fake. These creeps will use whatever method they can to get in contact with people. The number of reports of young girls being lured by fake accounts that are setup and pretend to be famous pop stars (Justin Bieber has this problem and has someone searching the net locating these accounts and reporting them).

There needs to be a better, faster and easier way to report these scum online. Report them to facebook and FB takes days to act. When it should be dealt with much faster.

MissionMan
03-06-2017, 5:19pm
I've actually taken it to someone I know who has contacts in the police because we realised there was a risk he would be targeting underage models as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitsnpieces
16-07-2017, 10:47pm
It's interesting how blunt he was about what he wanted, but as soon as it didn't work, he'd try to find a way out of it.

To me, it seems like he's trying to find 'specific' kinds of people, being that in Melbourne (from what I understand) that stuff is illegal, he has to find it in a different way?

Too bad it has to be this way.

Dan05
28-07-2017, 3:01pm
That is absolutely terrible to see. It makes it hard for people to trust.

I have not had any exposure to this kind of situation as all I shoot at the moment are cars. It's an eye opener to say the least.

Disappointing.

Mark L
30-07-2017, 11:06pm
Why do you assume they are a photographer??

Dan05
30-07-2017, 11:59pm
I'm not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ameerat42
31-07-2017, 12:55am
That is absolutely terrible to see. It makes it hard for people to trust.

I have not had any exposure to this kind of situation as all I shoot at the moment are cars. It's an eye opener to say the least.

Disappointing.

Who's saying "photographer":confused013:p

MissionMan
31-07-2017, 1:53pm

You don’t have to be a real photographer to give photographers a bad name.

Dan05
31-07-2017, 4:25pm
You don’t have to be a real photographer to give photographers a bad name.

True

paulheath
31-07-2017, 5:37pm
what a total W:anc:....although happened to a friend of mine she was approached the same way... and ill let you know he was most apolagetic after i had spoken to him...based in India..(Starline Models and Talents) just in case anybody on here has model friends heading that way

Liney
20-06-2018, 10:12pm
I used to tell girls I was chatting up that I was a newspaper photographer, because my actual job at the time was not popular and I could blag my way through enough photog related jargon that it sounded convincing.

But apart from the word "photographer" in his email account (which anyone could use) he (but could be she!) doesn't appear to convince anyone that he/she takes photographs.

Another one of the joys of the internet, everyone can pretend to be exactly who they want to be....

landyvlad
21-06-2018, 10:01am
Just another internet tosser, move on, nothing to see here.

Another one of the joys of the internet, everyone can pretend to be exactly who they want to be....

That's totally not true. Anyway, I have to get back to my Astronaut job....

Dan05
11-08-2018, 9:54am
Just another internet tosser, move on, nothing to see here.

That's totally not true. Anyway, I have to get back to my Astronaut job....

Hahahaha. She packed my bags last night preflight........