PDA

View Full Version : First Post - Milky Way Composite and first Pixinsight Success

shanemg
07-03-2017, 2:13pm
Hello!

This is my first post to the forum, excited to learn some new techniques and share anything I can to help others.
Cheers.
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=129989

ricktas
07-03-2017, 2:46pm
Welcome to AP Shane. A couple of great intro photos. We generally do not CC photos in the intro forums. So, shortly all the CC forums will appear for you (now you have posted) and you are most welcome to repost your photos into the CC forums.

shanemg
07-03-2017, 2:51pm
Thanks for the tip! I have never done a photography forum before, excited to see what people are up to :)

Cage
07-03-2017, 3:36pm
Welcome to the forum Shane.

Milky way nightscapes are my main interest too. My first try was taken at two different locations with two different lens, not a recommended method. :(

So the sky was 10 x 139 secs and tracked. Got lots of interesting detail there and as PP is very subjective I won't say much other than to suggest pulling the highlights back a wee bit.

I've been putting together a tracking set-up with an HEQ5 Pro and it's been ready to go for a month or more but no joy with the weather. The only really clear nights were after 47°C days (that's 117°F) with the sky shimmering like a desert mirage.

There are a few of us on here into Astrophotography so keep and eye on the Night/Astro forum.

Looking forward to seeing more of your images and swapping ideas and techniques.

Mary Anne
07-03-2017, 5:02pm
Hello Shane and Welcome to AP..
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC Forums, and do have a go at commenting on other Members Posts also :2smile:

Mark L
08-03-2017, 8:30pm
G'day :) and welcome aboard shanemg.:th3:
You've found a good place to play. and playing is what makes forums work.
Interested in how you found and decided to joined us?? Smart move though.:D

shanemg
11-03-2017, 5:42am
It was because I googled something about milky way photography and it brought me here. I love the perspective you have down south! You get the entire core, which I have never seen in person before!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Cage! I will have to check out the Night/Astro forum. You get such an awesome view of the milky way down there, excited to see what you all have to share! Bummer on the weather. We are in our "cloudy season" so I am missing out on any night shooting right now.

I have been attempting at processing night images in Pixinsight before my trial runs out, it's a tough program, but powerful. I just have not determined if it is worth it or not yet for wide field photography. Still trying to figure out how to get those nice dark dynamic dust lanes yet. Keep practicing :)

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! :)

bitsnpieces
12-03-2017, 5:15pm
Hi and welcome to AP :D

I hear Montana has some beautiful skies, or maybe I'm remembering the wrong place :confused013

Nonetheless, one day I'll go :p