PDA

View Full Version : Best Beer In The World!

Floribunda
29-01-2017, 6:10pm
That title should get some attention! :D

Last year -2016- our little local brewery entered their India Red Ale into the 2016 International Beer Challenge in London. They won Best in Class and went on to win "Best Beer In The World".

The ale is slightly paler than the photograph shows - my husband (quite unfairly I thought) said that I had ONE SHOT to get this photo before the beer was taken off to be consumed. :D

If you like a beer in the old "bitter" style - it is worth seeking out.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/604/32582598935_d893ea7894_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RDdkva)2017 January Prancing Pony India Red Ale1000 (https://flic.kr/p/RDdkva)

Gazza
29-01-2017, 6:24pm
That does it!...definitely heading to the hills sometime this year, what better excuse do I need? :cool6:........:beer_mug:

ameerat42
29-01-2017, 6:43pm
I hear it's a favourite with the Black Riders:D

JasonR
29-01-2017, 6:59pm
Ill have to keep an eye out for it.

DacrimL
29-01-2017, 7:07pm
Without having sampled any I would have to refrain from commenting further until it has amply sampled and a test conducted to check on the quality of after effects :lol:

Hawthy
29-01-2017, 7:44pm
I like the "best after" date stamp on the bottle. Home brew is like that - it generally gets better after ageing in the bottle for a while. To a point, of course. Mass-produced beers generally have a "best before" stamp because they have all the yeast stripped out before bottling and are best drunk fresh.

Mark L
29-01-2017, 9:27pm
Without having sampled any I would have to refrain from commenting further until it has amply sampled and a test conducted to check on the quality of after effects :lol:

Indeed.
So this should be the offer from Lyn,
"The 2016 Best Beer in the World just happens to be brewed down the road from me. Any of you wonderful AP members that like a beer can just PM me and I'll send you a six pack.":th3::th3:

Gazza
29-01-2017, 9:33pm
I'll second that ^^ :th3:

Floribunda
30-01-2017, 2:11pm
Indeed.
So this should be the offer from Lyn,
"The 2016 Best Beer in the World just happens to be brewed down the road from me. Any of you wonderful AP members that like a beer can just PM me and I'll send you a six pack.":th3::th3:

I am afraid this isn't likely to happen - BUT - if any of you "wonderful" AP members call in sometime I can guarantee a "coldie" will be offered. :)

erkin
07-02-2017, 3:41pm
I have some favorites my own, but I always enjoy and documenting new beer tastes.
I think beers are one of the social, cultural and economic indicators of societies from the ancient times.
So in my travels, to next suburb or the other continent, I try and check the beers from the most popular to less popular.
I am trying to make a project collection on my Instagram. hashtag MyBeerJourney
https://imgpublic.com/tag/mybeerjourney/

Floribunda
07-02-2017, 5:26pm
I have some favorites my own, but I always enjoy and documenting new beer tastes.
I think beers are one of the social, cultural and economic indicators of societies from the ancient times.
So in my travels, to next suburb or the other continent, I try and check the beers from the most popular to less popular.

Good on you Erkin - there are so many beers out there now that your journey of discovery will be a long one!
I have never been a beer drinker, but since two sons-in-law arrived on the scene with an interest in the smaller breweries I have sampled quite a few and have been pleasantly surprised at the differences in them.

feathers
07-02-2017, 6:47pm
Your nice display has had the right effect Lyn:beer_mug::D Time to grab a beer.....

Floribunda
07-02-2017, 7:10pm
Your nice display has had the right effect Lyn:beer_mug::D Time to grab a beer.....

Just what we are about to do Feathers! 40 degrees coming up this weekend! :food04:

ameerat42
07-02-2017, 9:34pm

Gosh! You and your beers!!! -- You make me feel like a MUG:o - Of :beer_mug:, I mean...

Mark L
08-02-2017, 12:24am
Just what we are about to do Feathers! 40 degrees coming up this weekend! :food04:

For Friday Mudgee has a predicted 40 degrees and a pair of 42's for the weekend.:eek:
This out of the ordinary for Mudgee.
Only got to 32 (That's still above average but felt relatively cooler) today but it's so dry we were chasing fires all arvo (I might hide under a rock this weekend).
Since there's not a red wine think :beer_mug:

aussirose
08-02-2017, 9:26am
Looks like my kind of beer :D
Hubby and I love tasting local beers wherever we travel

Floribunda
08-02-2017, 10:04am
Looks like my kind of beer :D
Hubby and I love tasting local beers wherever we travel

Not a bad way to spend holiday time Ann! :D

martycon
20-02-2017, 8:56pm
G'day Lyn, your post well demonstrates the efficacy of beer as a stimulant of conversation. And with Prancing Pony India Red Ale, it is not even necessary to drink it to get the desired result.
Crikey all that typing made me thirsty, time for another Coopers Pale Ale home brew.
cheeeeeeers maaaarty

ameerat42
20-02-2017, 9:34pm
Even this beer must be off by now:eek::eek:

Floribunda
21-02-2017, 12:00am
Even this beer must be off by now:eek::eek:

I know where there is plenty more. :party7:

- - - Updated - - -

G'day Lyn, your post well demonstrates the efficacy of beer as a stimulant of conversation. And with Prancing Pony India Red Ale, it is not even necessary to drink it to get the desired result.
Crikey all that typing made me thirsty, time for another Coopers Pale Ale home brew.
cheeeeeeers maaaarty

Good to note you are drinking a good old South Australian Brew Marty! :nod: