PDA

View Full Version : But I Like To Watch!

FoTenX
19-01-2017, 9:15pm
Haha! Got my access restricted because I'm a mumpty and haven't posted anything for ages...so here's to getting back to posting stuff again :-):lol:

ricktas
19-01-2017, 9:22pm
So. How about actually joining in?

FoTenX
19-01-2017, 9:28pm
In time Rick!

Mary Anne
19-01-2017, 10:23pm
Hello and Welcome back, I like to watch too, though if we all did that there would be no Ausphotography Website would there.
Then you would have to look for some other Australian Photography Site/Forums to watch and I doubt if you would have any luck there.
Okay so maybe you don't want to post any photo's I can relate to that. But come on now be a Good Sport and comment on other Members Posts.
As that's what makes Forums work. Hope to see you commenting soon :nod:

bricat
20-01-2017, 3:34am
Welcome back. Nothing wrong with looking. I try to get into a routine to go on the "net". Doesn't always work. Hope it works a bit better this time.

ricktas
20-01-2017, 7:15am
In time Rick!

Up to you, but our inactive cycle is a reducing one, so eventually you will have to start posting more regularly, and eventually daily, as the reducing cycle halves each time you go inactive. So as Mary Anne says, it is a forum, which by definition means a place to contribute, show us some of your photos, give other members your thoughts on their photos, only takes a few minutes to give some constructive feedback.

FoTenX
20-01-2017, 8:15am
"Reducing cycle", hmmm, sounds a bit harsh! To me forum contribution is recreation, not my occupation. Besides, there are many reasons for going inactive, not just being slack...I promise you I have a good reason!

ricktas
20-01-2017, 10:48am
"Reducing cycle", hmmm, sounds a bit harsh!

In the end, its entirely up to you. Inactive members cannot win prizes on the site. Last year we gave away nearly $15,000 in prizes. We reward active participation with access to our competitions and some forums are also locked out to inactive members.

FoTenX
20-01-2017, 11:18am
In the end, its entirely up to you. Inactive members cannot win prizes on the site. Last year we gave away nearly $15,000 in prizes. We reward active participation with access to our competitions and some forums are also locked out to inactive members.
See Rick, that's where this conversation is not comfortable for me. You seem to have the notion that activity is everything, and there is a punishment for those that don't comply. You don't mind being blunt to encourage it. It might well be that others get other things out of membership that don't fit your view of the world. I guess you'll have to put up with me participating as much as I'm inclined to.

ricktas
20-01-2017, 12:54pm
See Rick, that's where this conversation is not comfortable for me. You seem to have the notion that activity is everything, and there is a punishment for those that don't comply. You don't mind being blunt to encourage it. It might well be that others get other things out of membership that don't fit your view of the world. I guess you'll have to put up with me participating as much as I'm inclined to.

I see the difference:

- I see rewarding active participation
- You see punishment for inactivity.

Only one of those is a negative viewpoint.

Lizzy84
20-01-2017, 4:16pm
I too had my account become in-active. I moved states and lost internet for a while because I moved rural nearly but not quite remote! Thank goodness for NBN being rolled out.

Mark L
24-01-2017, 9:25pm
Then you would have to look for some other Australian Photography Site/Forums to watch and I doubt if you would have any luck there.

Well there are actually a few other forums that fit the bill there.
I'll not comment on them but they provide a service to an audience that is less active than AP.:nod:

So welcome aboard FoTenX. In time I hope you get involved here. I suspect you have something to offer to a forum like this.:th3:

ameerat42
24-01-2017, 10:18pm
Hi FoTenX.
I like Guinness, too.:D

Welcome to AP.