PDA

View Full Version : The "What Are You Having For Chrismas Day Lunch?" Thread

ameerat42
22-12-2016, 1:26pm
Please only let us (or lettuce) know what you're having for XMAS LUNCH in this thread.

Please do not post Greetings here.
Use the OFFICIAL 2016 Christmas Wishes thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?150391-The-official-2016-Christmas-Wishes-thread&p=1390509#post1390509) instead.

OK, so I'll start off:

Mains:
Roast Chicken (organic)
and for the "other meat dish"
Roast Pork with Crackling
(sort of Merry Crispness:christmasparty:)

- served with a variety of Cooked Vegetables:
Braised Red Capsicums (roasted in skin, which is then peeled off)
and garnished olive olive oil and chilli and garlic

(Other vegetables TBA - at this stage:confused013)

Beverages available:
Light beer, red wine, Sambuca

Dessert:
Most likely ice cream and home-grown strawberries.

Ta, and Bon Appetit:D

Mary Anne
22-12-2016, 3:19pm
Well you did type Lunch. It only a sandwich and a piece of fruit..

The hot meal Dinner in the evening I have no idea though it will be nothing special Sunday is usually my day off cooking.
If I do cook it could be Roast Lamb or Pork and vegs baked on the lower wire shelf wrapped in foil hubby's spud goes in with the Meat.
Hubby likes Spaghetti on Sundays so he can cook Dinner, gets the precooked by me Sauce out of the freezer boils up the Pasta and that makes him Happy.
And he still won't let me do the dishes and that makes me Happy :banana: It could be Spaghetti then to keep both of us Happy.

We dont do Christmas Meals here, it's just another day, though somewhere there I will be eating Ice-cream :nod:

ameerat42
22-12-2016, 3:26pm
Of course, an oversight by me, M A. :lol2: By all means people can describe their main Christmas meal.

--However, I would find Xmas Breakfast a hard one to swaller:eek::eek: (GULP!)

Oh, and I forgot to add:
For our Xmas Lunch I am right now preparing a window-mounted air conditioner, as they say
that it is going to be hot:cool:

Hawthy
22-12-2016, 6:13pm
Cold ham, hot chicken and (hopefully cold) prawns plus some salads and roast spuds. A couple of mid-strength beers because I am driving. Hosted under my 89-year old Mum's Queenslander because I am one of eleven children and that means a roll-up of around 45-50 people when spouses and children are counted. We have hosted a few times and it is a fair exercise in logistics.

I @ M
22-12-2016, 7:41pm
A packet of 2 min noodles from Aldi will probably see me through, just the same as the last few years --------

Bah humbug to all this Christmas frivolity.

Mark L
22-12-2016, 7:46pm
Don't know, going to friends place so it will be what ever they serve up.
A crumpet is the go for Christmas brekkie though.:D

ameerat42
22-12-2016, 7:48pm
Crumpets and Bah Humbug! I didn't know there was such a big market for those! - Hmm:cool::D

Cage
23-12-2016, 10:16am
:confused013 , but my little mate Roxi the Staffy is having a frozen lamb shank. :nod:

ameerat42
23-12-2016, 10:24am
:confused013 , but my little mate Roxi the Staffy is having a frozen lamb shank. :nod:
Remember when they were just for dogs?

Yeah, 10 lbs o' sna-ags, 'n a cupla sha-anks fer the dorg...;)

--Now we're paying good money for dog food:p

aussirose
23-12-2016, 11:19am
Prawns crab lobster layered salad greek salad cherries mangos and strawberries in the bubbly :D

Mark L
23-12-2016, 9:29pm
^to late to get to Ann's place.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

ameerat42
23-12-2016, 9:31pm
^^Sounds like she'll be having a Happy Perthday with that fare:nod:

aussirose
23-12-2016, 10:26pm
First Chrissy at my daughter's. I'll be making the salads along with the help of the bubbly. Chop.. sip... chop ...sip sip ;) Of course you are all invited virtually. Lol.

paulheath
24-12-2016, 5:57am
always cook my better half eggs benadict for brekkie, then will be 7hr slow cooked rib roast, leg of lamb, a cold ham ,duck fat roast potatoes, asparagus with soft boiled duck eggs and salad with quail eggs oh and lobster thermador......maybe a few prawns as we are in oz lol

Glenda
24-12-2016, 6:58am
Definitely a cold lunch in the tropics. Ham, chicken, prawns, Moreton Bay bugs and various salads, followed by pav, cheesecake and fruit. Washed down with a variety of beer, wine and I'm sure some Bundy rum - my three sons are rum drinkers. We're having it at my son and daughter-in-laws this year and there will be 12 of us. I think Boxing Day should be a fast day:nod:

ameerat42
24-12-2016, 9:10am
First Chrissy at my daughter's. I'll be making the salads along with the help of the bubbly. Chop.. sip... chop ...sip sip ;) Of course you are all invited virtually. Lol.

I'll be in for the BYTE:D

Ross the fiddler
24-12-2016, 9:54am
For lunch, probably bread & duck, under the table. :p The real duck with turkey hind quarter & pork will come later for dinner. :D Will likely have a chicken too. :nod:

bricat
24-12-2016, 11:01am
We will have one of those turkey/duck/chicken thingys. Roast potatoes and pumpkin of course with carrots,peas and gravy. Did I mention roast pork. And ham on the bone. This is mine as the girls, 3 of them, will be having cocktails. No wonder I have put on a few pounds :confused013

ameerat42
24-12-2016, 11:21am
...No wonder I have put on a few pounds :confused013

(But "fewer" in Kg:D)

ricktas
24-12-2016, 11:34am
seafood feast on the bbq for me and family. Going to my mum's and having prawns, crayfish etc all bbq'd.

ricktas
24-12-2016, 11:45am
hehe :D

Ross the fiddler
24-12-2016, 1:28pm
We will have one of those turkey/duck/chicken thingys. Roast potatoes and pumpkin of course with carrots,peas and gravy. Did I mention roast pork. And ham on the bone. This is mine as the girls, 3 of them, will be having cocktails. No wonder I have put on a few pounds :confused013

Yes, we had the turducken last year & it was interesting, but this time we're having them separate. :nod:

Mary Anne
24-12-2016, 3:02pm
Scrap #2 .... One of our Grandsons is coming over to get us in the afternoon for Dinner tomorrow night.
Yes well my Daughter puts on a good spread plenty of different meats *Cold of course* None of those shell fishy things
Heaps of different salads she makes the best Greek Salad, and Chocolate Mousse to die for.
Just a couple of spoons to that Mousse I think or maybe I will have Ice-Cream only.. Because what I eat today I wear tomorrow :(

ricktas
24-12-2016, 3:46pm
For those above having Turducken... *warning- lots of swearing* : https://youtu.be/Ls8ON9vx-Vs

Mary Anne
24-12-2016, 4:16pm
I could never be a Vegan :lol:

Ross the fiddler
24-12-2016, 5:51pm
For those above having Turducken... *warning- lots of swearing* : https://youtu.be/Ls8ON9vx-Vs

I'm glad you gave a warning! :rolleyes: :p

Mark L
24-12-2016, 9:06pm
always cook my better half eggs benadict for brekkie, then will be 7hr slow cooked rib roast, leg of lamb, a cold ham ,duck fat roast potatoes, asparagus with soft boiled duck eggs and salad with quail eggs oh and lobster thermador......maybe a few prawns as we are in oz lol

I can't believe you are doing soft boiled duck eggs. :)

paulheath
25-12-2016, 4:19am
indeed i am...... Merry Christmas mate...not too much egg nog , not at your age :lol:

farmmax
25-12-2016, 6:11pm
Salmon on toast here.

ameerat42
25-12-2016, 9:05pm
Salmon on toast here.

Whew! Salubrious fare!:D

Meanwhile, as aforesaid...

A shot of the mains, showing also entree of "le plat d'aire":D

farmmax
25-12-2016, 9:14pm
I think I should have invited myself over to your place for dinner Am :D

Gazza
25-12-2016, 9:20pm
Whew! Salubrious fare!:D

Meanwhile, as aforesaid...

A shot of the mains, showing also entree of "le plat d'aire":D
But the table is set for 4...you have friends? :lol: (you'll sleep well tonight!)