PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Timelapse Photogrpahy of Stormy weather!

Claire M
12-12-2016, 10:13pm
I came across this link and I just had to share it with those of you who haven't seen this footage as yet, and who also like cloud formations!
This Timelapse Photography short 'film' is brilliant and worth taking a look (particularly in Full Screen mode on 15" PC screen or bigger!) and the dramatic music suits the theme and really plays on the senses. The Monsoon III was composed of over 85,000 individual frames. Capturing the images over the course of just 36 days using Cannon cameras.
Just awesome! :nod:

http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/timelapse-photography-during-monsoon-season/ (http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/timelapse-photography-during-monsoon-season/)

farmmax
12-12-2016, 11:42pm
A truly spectacular video to watch and to listen to. Thanks.

Claire M
13-12-2016, 12:50am
Glad you enjoyed it farmmax :)

bsdunek
13-12-2016, 6:34am
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Glenda
13-12-2016, 6:42am
Awesome - thanks for sharing and I agree the music is a perfect accompaniment to the dramatic scenes.

Mary Anne
13-12-2016, 9:30am
Amazing to see that kind of weather that I am usually hiding in the house from.
Many thousands of photos taken to make that beautiful video enjoyed it all and the Music, so Thanks for Sharing.

Steve Axford
13-12-2016, 1:11pm
Brilliant work. I do a bit of this, but I live in a valley, so I need to travel to the flat country to get the best shots (or on top of a hill). One of the skills you need is to be able to guess what cloud is likely to develop and to start the timelapse before it develops. He seems to have worked this out quite well. The only thing I don't about it is the music, but I turned that off, so no problem.

Steve Axford
13-12-2016, 3:25pm
Brilliant work. I do a bit of this, but I live in a valley, so I need to travel to the flat country to get the best shots (or on top of a hill). One of the skills you need is to be able to guess what cloud is likely to develop and to start the timelapse before it develops. He seems to have worked this out quite well. The only thing I don't about it is the music, but I turned that off, so no problem.

Mark L
13-12-2016, 8:31pm
I particularly liked the dust storms created towards the end of the presentation. Awesome, and glad I had the windows and doors closed.

teylward
15-12-2016, 4:44am
Wow. That's crazy. I love how much rain comes out of some of those clouds