PDA

View Full Version : Your best Sigma moment

Glenda
26-11-2016, 3:46pm
could win you a trip to Antarctica. Thought it might be of interest to some of our bird/wildlife photographers. Apparently doesn't have to be taken by a Sigma lens.
http://antarctica.sigmaphoto.com.au/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=2016-11-14+62+%2810%216058932700804%21qwaya%210%29&utm_campaign=WP_Antarctica_Competition&utm_term=November_Ads+FoF

Steve Axford
26-11-2016, 6:13pm
They don't seem to have any requirements for the type of photo they are after. I suppose it must be a "Sigma Moment", whatever that might be.

arthurking83
26-11-2016, 6:43pm
T&Cs don't look overly oppressive either.

8. All entries in this Competition are the property of the entrant and each entrant, by entering this competition, grants C.R.Kennedy and Company the right to use the photographs for promotional purposes during and up to three months after the date of the conclusion of the competition. The copyright remains the property of the entrant.

26. C.R.Kennedy and Company needs to collect the personal information required to be submitted with your entry so it can enter you in the Competition. C.R.Kennedy and Company may use personal information about you for related purposes, including sending you information (including electronically) about its products, events, news and further competitions. C.R.Kennedy and Company may disclose personal information to other organisations that assist it to promote its events and artists. If you wish to access the personal information C.R.Kennedy and Company holds about you or do not wish to have this information disclosed, please contact C.R.Kennedy, 300 Lorimer St, Port Melbourne 3207.

so it looks pretty harmless(compared to many others I've read)

ameerat42
26-11-2016, 6:54pm
Good ole Crakes:) - As I said elsewhere:cool:. Call 'em up and you're often talkin' to the boss.

I read it as Sigma [hosting]: Moments [you have captured], rather than [moments with/of Σ products].
Why they undertook this madness instead of giving discounts on gear, I dunno! - Oh, maybe it's cheaper.

Any/whichway, just about ALL mine are Sigma Moments, unless I use the mobile phone:o