PDA

View Full Version : Canon W-E1

Warbler
14-11-2016, 1:35pm
Got my Canon W-E1 in the mail, at last, from B&H today. Put it in the 7DMkII and connected it to my smartphone within about 60 seconds. Works fine. Haven't tested the range yet, but will report back when I have given it a bit of a workout. Looks good for using it as a remote, as well as for viewing RAW files. I can't believe how long it took to get here though. It is still not showing on the tracking site other than arrived in Sydney a week ago.

https://www.canon.com.au/about-canon/news-and-press-releases/new-wi-fi-adapter-w-e1

JJM
14-11-2016, 2:35pm
As discussed in the other thread if you could test it in a 5D MKIII and report back that would be spectacular :D

Warbler
14-11-2016, 3:36pm
As discussed in the other thread if you could test it in a 5D MKIII and report back that would be spectacular :D

If my MK III was working I would, but unfortunately, it is dead in the cupboard right now. It's beside the 1D Mk III which is also dead. :2sorro::2sorro:

Oh, and just in front of the 40D and 1D Mk II, both of which are dead. There seems to be a trend....

Mark L
16-11-2016, 9:45pm
^:eek::(
the up-side is Warbler is alive, all be it on life support and transmitting on Wi-Fi.