PDA

View Full Version : Barra

Glenda
11-10-2016, 11:02am
Saw it jump when the guy hooked it but unfortunately missed that shot. The disappointing thing is that barra from this area is not good eating - has a rather muddy taste. Luckily there are plenty of other areas around here where they can be found.

Mary Anne
11-10-2016, 12:04pm
Still you were in the right place at the right time..
Yes having tasted the fresh and salt water Barra I agree with you, though I am not keen on any Barra.
I have a picture of myself holding one that would put this tiddler to shame, so I have to brag about something :D

Mark L
11-10-2016, 10:19pm
Think you should consider yourself lucky lucky this thread hasn't been locked. :)
And I hope the fish is dead.

Glenda
12-10-2016, 8:14am
Still you were in the right place at the right time..
Yes having tasted the fresh and salt water Barra I agree with you, though I am not keen on any Barra.
I have a picture of myself holding one that would put this tiddler to shame, so I have to brag about something :D
Thanks Mary Anne. I like barra but someone has to do all the filleting etc for me.

Think you should consider yourself lucky lucky this thread hasn't been locked. :)
And I hope the fish is dead.
Just had the hook removed - maybe the guy returned it to the water as he wasn't keen on the taste of them from those waters either. I'm not into fishing but have 3 sons who are and apparently they are a great fish to hook as they put up quite a fight.

MEK
12-10-2016, 6:26pm
Looks delicious !

ameerat42
12-10-2016, 6:38pm
Llps. Your EXIF says the pic was taken 10/10/16.
So he caught the Barra Mond(a)y.

Pity it tastes like mud, gee! But Mark should like it.:nod:

Glenda
13-10-2016, 7:38am
Looks delicious !
Think in this case looks can be deceiving.

Llps. Your EXIF says the pic was taken 10/10/16.
So he caught the Barra Mond(a)y.

Pity it tastes like mud, gee! But Mark should like it.:nod:
:D. The difference between barra from billabong type water and moving rivers/oceans is as wide as a fisherman's arms describing the one that got away.

poorman
05-11-2016, 6:33pm
nice size anyway

NRandall
05-11-2016, 6:54pm
Still, it does look good enough to eat . . . . to a Southerner's eyes :)