PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Camden NSW!

jmannah
01-10-2016, 1:11pm
Hey all,

I'm from Camden NSW and have been perusing photography for nearly ten years as a hobby. I lean strongly toward Landscape photography, and have always had a fascination with Astro but not really the time or organisation to get out to the right place and shoot some.

I've been shooting on a Canon 7D for the whole time, and have literally just this week stepped up to a full-frame body finally. The interesting thing, after much research and deliberation I have moved over to a Nikon system, and purchased a D810 and 14-24mm lens. I'm keeping the 7D and array of lenses for my wife to try and convince her to come shoot with me every now and then, but i'll be starting again with my lenses for the D810.

I purchased a 150-600mm Sigma Contemporary which arrives this week, which should allow me to have some fun with Wildlife and the annual Wings over Illawarra air show. I know it's not top end glass, but as I said it's for some fun and the ability to get some shots I couldn't otherwise get. I unfortunately had to sell my Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ii to help fund the change of system, which was hands down my favourite lens. But I couldn't justify holding onto it obviously.

I'm researching filter systems that will fit the 14-24mm (150mm size) as I have to leave behind all my Lee filters (100mm). So far I'm thinking about the Haida 150mm system and a mix of filters, but we'll see.

Anyway, i'm keen to have more of a look around the forums and hopefully chat to a few of you, if anyone has any advice or wants to say hello please do.

Thanks all!
James.

Mary Anne
01-10-2016, 1:32pm
Hello James and Welcome to AP. WOW!! nearly ten years as a Hobby surely that would make your Skill Level Advanced not Intermediate.
Good to see you are a Wildlife shooter as well, we have a few Members here that own the 150-600mm Sigma C lens, and one has the S model.
So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums then :2smile:

ricktas
01-10-2016, 6:35pm
Welcome to AP James, looking forward to seeing some of your work.

bitsnpieces
03-10-2016, 6:46am
Hi James and welcome to AP :D

photohounds
03-10-2016, 3:23pm
Hi James and hello from the ACT!

Ah format swapping ... I'm done - I think - but that new Fuji 33x44 calls!
It is almost FULL frame - i.e. like a Mamiya RB-67!

Some snaps here from Mamiya RB-67 to Micro Four Thirds ..
https://photohounds.smugmug.com/browse

C n C welcome :)

Mark L
03-10-2016, 9:46pm
G'day James.
I was born and bred a bit down the road from were you are. Ingleburn used to be a wonderful place. Camden also used to be a wonderful place.:)
I'm not far from putting a Canon mount Sigma 120-400 lens up for sake here on AP so keep your wife's eye out for it.
Hope she gets the phog bug and hope you get the AP get involved bug.:th3: