PDA

View Full Version : New here; relatively new to photography.

Physioz
28-08-2016, 3:06pm
Hi. First picked up a camera (Canon AE-1) in the late 70's in Zimbabwe and used it (primarily on auto) while running around the bush and later at uni . Don't know what happened after that, I seemed to stop taking pictures. Queue 3 decades or so, and on a whim I bought a Canon 50D. Still not many pictures unless on holiday. A couple of years back I upgraded to a 70D, and more recently started shooting in RAW and purchased a LR/PS subscription. For better or worse, I'm squarely in the Canon ecosystem but don't begrudge anybody else's choices either: Nikon, Sony, or whatever ..
Having recently moved to Sydney, I hope to have more time and would like to improve my photography especially my "eye" and also some basic pp. in Photoshop/other. I'm one of those people who learn best when taught by others (vs watching YouTube / KelbyOne) so I'll be looking for courses around Sydney - suggestions very welcome!

PS I probably should have a favourite genre but with kids it's pretty much anything at the mo' .. with time then perhaps landscape, portrait, ??

ricktas
28-08-2016, 4:49pm
Welcome to AP, see you on the forums

ameerat42
28-08-2016, 4:59pm
Hi Phyz (contracted your name).

Welcome to AP.

Am.

rwg717
28-08-2016, 5:05pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:D
Richard.

Mary Anne
28-08-2016, 10:54pm
Hello and Welcome to AP, a very interesting intro and will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

bitsnpieces
29-08-2016, 12:33pm
Hello and welcome to AP :)

Given that you learn best when taught face to face, be sure to look through these threads for any meet ups in NSW and your area
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?169-NSW

Feel free to organise a meet up of your own also

mechawombat
29-08-2016, 1:08pm
Welcome to AP

Heaps of knowledge here for you to tap into

Fettator
29-08-2016, 2:03pm
Welcome to the family :efelant:

GB

Mark L
29-08-2016, 9:14pm
Welcome aboard.
The more you get involved the more you'll learn. It's the nature of things on forums. Don't be afraid to ask questions and make comments.
While I'm not sure about the young ones :) if you visit Mudgee PM me and a free cuppa and some really basic PPing advice is yours.

jro
29-08-2016, 10:12pm
Welcome!

Physioz
30-08-2016, 7:55am
Thanks, Mark, that sounds great; logistically impossible for a while (kids :) ) but who knows in the future? Cheers