PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls in Western Victoria Flowing

NRandall
09-08-2016, 4:05pm
The recent rains in Western Victoria have given the regional water falls their best flows in years.
These were taken last weekend, from the Hopkins Falls near Warrnambool, Wannon and Nigrita Falls near Hamilton, and McKenzies Falls in the Grampians.
For anyone near enough to make a weekend trip to this area the conditions should be good again this coming weekend with more rain coming through now.
These are a few quick samples from my weekend as a taster. :)

feathers
09-08-2016, 7:06pm
Always a good eye for composition Nicholas:th3: all good for different reasons. Love the shape of the falls and surrounds in 2, and the moody feel to three. Cheers.

nardes
09-08-2016, 7:25pm
A lovely series. I like the way that the compositions and points of interest in #1 and #3 in particular pull me in, encouraging (seducing?) me to “walk around” each scene.:th3:

Cheers

Dennis

NRandall
09-08-2016, 10:42pm
Thank you feathers and Dennis. I hope this will encourage someone to have a look for themselves soon, as there is no telling how long these good conditions will last.

Glenda
10-08-2016, 6:27am
Bit far for me to get to at present, but wish I could. I find #2 very interesting with that almost circular bowl the water is falling into.

poorman
10-08-2016, 8:30pm
Great pics there Randell # 4 for me I'm a sucker for the long ones

John Humpo
10-08-2016, 8:40pm
Lovely set of scenes, rugged & beautiful, especially the last one!