PDA

View Full Version : Free Software Options

Darkthrone
03-08-2016, 5:59pm
Hi all, just got a new notebook, really pleased with it, now just looking for some suggestions for software to put on, preferably free, stuff like Photoshop or a like, I had CS2? on the old notebook but can't seem to find a safe download link though.

Also, any suggestions for other software to download, like I guess 'must have'?

Downloaded Malware Bytes, AVG, iTunes ofcourse, anything else? Cheers.

ricktas
03-08-2016, 6:38pm
Glary Utilities - best 'maintenance' software out there.

Darkthrone
03-08-2016, 6:40pm
Glary Utilities - best 'maintenance' software out there.

Thanks RickTas, will have a suss right now.

Mary Anne
03-08-2016, 9:27pm
Free Photo Editing Software Here (http://www.techradar.com/au/news/software/applications/best-free-photo-editing-software-10-top-image-editors-you-should-try-1135489)

Darkthrone
03-08-2016, 9:33pm
Free Photo Editing Software Here (http://www.techradar.com/au/news/software/applications/best-free-photo-editing-software-10-top-image-editors-you-should-try-1135489)

Excellent, thanks Mary Anne, appreciate it.

Claire M
04-08-2016, 2:24pm
Hi Darkthrone, Is it an Apple or Windows notebook?

Darkthrone
04-08-2016, 2:48pm
Hi Darkthrone, Is it an Apple or Windows notebook?

Sorry, Windows 10 notebook.

MissionMan
04-08-2016, 3:14pm
I would get the Nik collection. It's free from google.

Darkthrone
04-08-2016, 4:15pm
I would get the Nik collection. It's free from google.

Will have a suss, cheers, is it 1 program or a number of programs? Cheers.

MissionMan
04-08-2016, 4:22pm
Will have a suss, cheers, is it 1 program or a number of programs? Cheers.

Do a search for "Nik collection" and you should pick it up

Claire M
04-08-2016, 4:44pm
Here's more to add to your list: :)
Photo type Software: Hugin (Panorama photo stitcher), FastStone Image Viewer (image browser for a variety of pic files, converter, resizer, and even a musical slideshow builder with 150 transitional effects), TileMage Image Splitter (software to split or 'cut out' various same sized images you can save individually from one photo, to make a series (or tiles) from that photo).
All of the above can be safely downloaded off the internet for free (check out the software companies websites for the download links).
There's also quite a few free draw/art based ones and audio software I could recommend too!
Cheers! :D

dawg
04-08-2016, 5:13pm
Here's more to add to your list: :)
FastStone Image Viewer (image browser for a variety of pic files, converter, resizer, and even a musical slideshow builder with 150 transitional effects)

great for batch processing

Cage
04-08-2016, 5:52pm
I'd get rid of AVG and use Windows Defender. AVG used to be good years ago but I find it not so these days, too invasive for my liking. Also not an iTunes fan for the same reason, wants to take over your computer.

Darkthrone
04-08-2016, 6:18pm
I'd get rid of AVG and use Windows Defender. AVG used to be good years ago but I find it not so these days, too invasive for my liking. Also not an iTunes fan for the same reason, wants to take over your computer.

...as Apple wants to take over the world! MWAH HA HA HAAAAA...

richtbw
12-08-2016, 6:02pm
Free photo editing software:
GIMP (The free PShop and just as good)
UFRAW (RAW editor on it's own. Works with GIMP

ameerat42
12-08-2016, 6:08pm
Update on world takeover: "They" already have:eek:

tandeejay
12-08-2016, 8:41pm
DigiCamControl is great if you want to do things like focus stacking or stop motion (as long as you can connect your camera to your notebook) And if your into focus stacking, then CombineZP, although you might want to save the grunt of combining your focus stack to your main computer...