PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GourmetSaint
01-08-2016, 9:37pm
I was disqualified from a recent comp because I didn't post often enough. Now this is not because I don't appreciate the forum and am a casual visitor. I was just apprehensive about where I fit.

I have been a keen photographer since buying my first SLR in high school in the 70's (Sydney, Australia). I was thinking the school's photographer and supervised the dark room in senior years. B&W only there.

Was an Olympus fan boy for years. From my first OM2 to my last film camera in an OM4 Ti (which I still have).

I moved to Olympus DSLRs in 2004 through to the demise of their mirrored DSLR offerings.

Before traveling to Europe (London,Paris) a couple of years ago, I decided to swap to either Canon or Nikon. I ended up with a Nikon D800E with a Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Very happy.

Still trying to talk better half into a 70-200 f2.8 VC as well. Soon I hope.

I want to explore landscape. I bought some gradient filters and a good tripod. The early mornings are difficult. My eye is not up to scratch. My composition is good.

I know the basics of Lightroom but haven't spent much time in Photoshop yet.

I have an Epson R2000 printer A3 printer but haven't tried any large photo papers.

Living and working in Canberra. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Cheers, Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ricktas
01-08-2016, 9:44pm
Welcome back. You fit where you want to fit.

Mary Anne
02-08-2016, 12:47pm
Hello Mark and Welcome back, plenty of places you have been too, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums then :2smile:

Mark L
02-08-2016, 8:34pm
G'day Mark.
Some Marks just run around this place not really worrying about fitting in. Some of them are just mad I've decided. Me, I'm just off with the birds.
If you want an easy way to stay active while your figuring Marks don't have to fit in here, just make the occasional Caption or who/what/where guess in the Members Challenge forum (a couple of rouge Marks comment there).:D

rwg717
03-08-2016, 10:55pm
Hi and welcome back:o
Richard