PDA

View Full Version : Gidday frrom Snowman3195

snowman3195
20-06-2016, 5:25pm
I joined this forum back in 2010 and never posted for whatever reason. Consequently, I was deactivated.

Rick re-instated me yesterday.

I am a retired 'gray Nomad' who enjoys taking photos of mainly scenery. My wife and I for the past 9 Melbourne Winters tour Oz in our 5th Wheeler. I have uploaded over 24,500 photos to my Photobucket account since 2004. I have a website that details our travelling adventures www.frostysaussieadventures.com feel free to have a look.

I enjoy recreational cycling and my Mountain Bike comes with us on our trips, usually while out cycling I have my 'old' Sony DSC-H9 with me and snap anything that takes my fancy. While 'gray nomadding' around Oz, it is not unusual to pull over and take scenery shots with my 'new' Sony DSC-HX300. I have never taken a photo using the manual settings, always on Auto. This is something that I hope this forum may be able to help me with. I also would love to take photos of the starry night sky or any night shot, without getting a blurry photo plus sunrises and sunsets.

I will post a couple of my photos, once I work out which section to post them in or can someone tell me.

Thanks for reading my ramble.

Wayne.

Mary Anne
20-06-2016, 5:38pm
Hello Wayne and Welcome back.. Up the top of this page on the Left you will see Forums click that on and away you go.
Will look forward to seeing what you have been up to on your travels.

ricktas
21-06-2016, 6:56am
Welcome. To backup the advice given by Mary Anne, go to Library on the main menu and then into the How Do I section to find out about posting photos. You can link in directly from your photobucket account.

Chinook
21-06-2016, 2:49pm
Hi Wayne, Sounds like you are enjoying your trip. Sounds very interesting. Look forward to seeing some of your photos :)

Mark L
21-06-2016, 9:38pm
I have uploaded over 24,500 photos to my Photobucket account since 2004. I have a website that details our travelling adventures www.frostysaussieadventures.com feel free to have a look.

If you don't get involved with directly sharing stuff on AP I don't care.;)
Reckon you must have enough experience to also help others that start to post on AP.
Please don't hate me Wayne, but you could get involved here. 'tis what makes forums work and helps us all learn.

snowman3195
22-06-2016, 7:26am
Thanks for your comments.

If you don't get involved with directly sharing stuff on AP I don't care.;)
Reckon you must have enough experience to also help others that start to post on AP.
Please don't hate me Wayne, but you could get involved here. 'tis what makes forums work and helps us all learn.

Mark, As I stated above I only use "auto" mode, I don't know how to operate my cameras in "manual" mode, so I don't know about being able to help members. I will if I can. I resize my photos using Photoshop, that's all the editing I do to my photos.

Mark L
22-06-2016, 7:50pm
Mark, As I stated above I only use "auto" mode, I don't know how to operate my cameras in "manual" mode, so I don't know about being able to help members. I will if I can. I resize my photos using Photoshop, that's all the editing I do to my photos.

Get involved and you'll learn. Plenty of helpful people here. Don';t be afraid to ask questions.:th3:
Don't worry about full manual, start with Aperture Priority maybe.
And check this out ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book