PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink : What do you take/buy?

ricktas
19-06-2016, 3:07pm
I don't recall this question being asked before.

When you go out to do a photo-shoot, whether it be birds, portraits, landscapes, street or any other genre, do you take something with you to eat/drink, or do you buy something while you are out and about? Perhaps you go for breakfast to a favourite place after a sunrise landscape, or stop for a coffee and a pie after birding?

Tell us what you like to do for sustenance when you are out taking photos.

paulheath
19-06-2016, 3:12pm
Good question... depends where im shooting, if its a sunrise at northern beaches will probably grab a coffee and eggs Benedict from one of the cafe after the shoot.. if bird shooting at Capertee Valley i usually stay in Katoomba so stock up on food as there is not much choice early hours except the servo where i may grab a chocolate bar ( or 3 ) and a cold drink

Gazza
19-06-2016, 8:34pm
Not a lot of choices where I normally go birding, unless you count roadkill (mongo may enjoy that...:D), so I tend to take something along with me or come home early - Cheers :beer_mug:

Ionica
20-06-2016, 10:42am
I usually take something with me ( light and easy to carry ), as I do not know how long I will be at an area, or what I will see. At least some drinking water, as missing out on a " meal " doesn't bother me. If passing a cafe, a coffee before or after.

ricktas
20-06-2016, 5:35pm
For me, especially on cold winter morns. i use a travel mug and take a coffee with me. Food, I am a bit like Ionica, in that I can just skip a meal, it doesn't worry me. During summer, I will often take a water bottle with me. Used to love calling in for fish n chips on the way home, but i have stopped doing that as much. No real reason, just thinking about it made me realise i don't do it as much as I used to.

Boo53
20-06-2016, 6:19pm
Coffee goes without saying.

Depending on where I'm off to it could be just a couple of Aldi low calorie meal replacement bars. (Low calorie, quite filling and much cheaper than the alternatives).

Other times it could be a day pack with something more substantial to eat and a drink bladder, for say a day hike on the South Coast Track, or similar.