PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Melbourne

juskat
16-06-2016, 9:33pm
Hi there,

I'm so happy to find this site. Until now i have been thinking I would have to enrol in some kind of course.

I am def a beginner. I just bought my first DSLR - Canon ESO 70D with the lens that came with it. I will investigate this site to work out what kind of zoom lens to get next.

I want to be able to take good natural portraits and street photos. Also i volunteer for a Dog Rescue org so i would like to be able to help them by photographing dogs up for adoption.

I would like to be brave enough to put some of my photos up for CC but when I look at OPs photos I feel in awe.

i look forward to chating again soon.

KT

ameerat42
16-06-2016, 10:06pm
Hi Juskat. Welcome to AP. It's normal to feel that way.
Normally, too, it disappears after a short while. The thing
is to join in. Apart from that, there are resources for beginners
(and anyone) in the Library.

>It's personal improvement that's lauded here:nod:<

So, see you(r photos and yourself) round the traps.
Am.

peter1929
16-06-2016, 10:13pm
welcome Justkat ,

I only take photos now and then , not perfect by any way, there are lost of different levels on this site, I hope you get lots of tips like I do,

done my first wedding late last year for my sister, tip I received from reading the forums was great. Welcome buddy.

ricktas
17-06-2016, 6:53am
Welcome. Do start posting photos. you will learn a lot quicker when people advise you how to improve your own work.

Mary Anne
17-06-2016, 8:00am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. If you want to take better photo's and learn more, post them on the Forums for cc.
Members here will give you lots of Help and advice.. You dont worry about what they look like now.
Just look forward to what they look like in a few months.. So see you on the Forums :2smile:

juskat
17-06-2016, 10:39pm
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and encouragement. I will take a deep breath and post some shots in a day or 2. i am hoping this cold Melbourne rain will stop soon so i can get the camera outdoors.

bitsnpieces
20-06-2016, 8:47am
Hi and welcome to AP

Just remember, the best way to learn is to copy, so the photos you see and feel in awe, just do your best to replicate it. It may not be exactly the same, but you'll start getting the idea how to. Also, be sure to read up the basics so you can know how to :)