PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

JessScott
15-06-2016, 9:10am
Hi guys, I'm Jess, I live in Hobart Tasmania and recently managed to convince my family to all chip in and contribute money towards a camera for my birthday, after abut 2 months of non stop research and debate and constantly changing my mind I FINALLY settled on my sony a7 and so far have no regrets what so ever, the larger sensor and small body is perfect for me. The controls are strait forward and easy to navigate. I LOVE IT.

Ive only been taking photos for 2 months and have a SO MUCH to learn, but im excited by the prospects of developing my skills. I shoot in manual mode as I much prefer being in control of everything, have had a little trouble with night shots in manual mode so ive been swapping the settings to program auto mode.

I've always had a creative eye and had a passion for art so i feel photography was a natural progression.

Im looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and getting some much needed feedback on my work!

Cheers! :p

ameerat42
15-06-2016, 9:14am
Welcome aboard, Jess.
Join in. That's the key.

Also, look up the learning plan and other things in the Library.
Am.

bricat
15-06-2016, 10:45am
Welcome Jess. This is a great place to share and learn. Cheers Brian

ricktas
15-06-2016, 12:20pm
Hi Jess and welcome to AP. Same part of Aus and we work in the same industry.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums

Mary Anne
15-06-2016, 1:05pm
Hello Jess and Welcome to AP.. And congrats in the new camera, also well done on shooting Manual it wont take you long to get past that beginners stage.
Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Elsa46
15-06-2016, 2:36pm
Welcome Jess, this is all new to me too and I am still working on my night photography as well.

Stezza
16-06-2016, 3:45pm
all new to me as well, may as well start here ;-)

ameerat42
16-06-2016, 4:47pm
all new to me as well, may as well start here ;-)

Hi Stezza. Why don't you tell us about yourself in a new thread of your own?

Mark L
17-06-2016, 10:31pm
Welcome to a good place to play JessScott
Hope you continue to get involved here. Getting involved is what makes forums work.

Hi Stezza. Why don't you tell us about yourself in a new thread of your own?

Because it's easier for some that way.:th3:

bitsnpieces
20-06-2016, 8:48am
Hi Jess and welcome to AP

Glad you find the A7 menus and such easy to navigate, I don't know why people struggle so much. :P

Warren Ackary
20-06-2016, 2:27pm
Hi jessScott.. welcome to AP and look forward to seeing your images