PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 200mm f2 AI

NRandall
13-06-2016, 10:15pm
While looking for a zoom I stumbled on one of these going cheap.
It seems optically fine, though the DOF will be pretty hard to master.
On my D800E it works as advertised and I look forward to trying it at some live music events at night.
I think it will also serve me pretty well as a long tele. Here on my D7000 with a Kenko 2x 300 Pro it becomes a 600mm f4. The berries are around 5-7mm in real life.
These are a 1:1 and 1:2 crops from as close as I could get to these Japanese Nandina berries. For floating ducks etc, I will need to apply a smaller aperture.
I will take it to be serviced this week as I don't think it has ever been touched and could use a good going over.

Cage
15-06-2016, 12:31pm
When you get it back from service it would be interesting to see a side by side comparison between it and the 80-200mm, same subject, same focal length and shooting distance etc.

Don't forget to dial in the auto-focus on your camera for both lens.

NRandall
15-06-2016, 8:20pm
When you get it back from service it would be interesting to see a side by side comparison between it and the 80-200mm, same subject, same focal length and shooting distance etc.

Don't forget to dial in the auto-focus on your camera for both lens.

I will try to remember to do this. The 200 f2 is manual focus so it will be interesting to see if I can be as accurate as the AF in the 80-200.