PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Libby Butler
11-06-2016, 11:19am
Hey everybody!

My name is Libby, and I'm 14 years old. I've been doing photography for a few years now, but I have only really gotten into it in the past year. I really enjoy macro photography, but I really hope to try out landscapes, portraits, fashion photography- pretty much just everything! I'm currently using dad's old Fuji FinePix camera, but when it comes to taking nicer photos he lets me use his Nikon D90.

Dad helped me sign up to this site so I could get some constructive critique on my photos, so I can keep improving! I have a page on Instagram for my photography, and I try to upload at least every couple of days.

By joining this forum I hope to get some feedback on my photos and help me improve as a photographer.

Libby :2smug:

ameerat42
11-06-2016, 11:29am
Welcome aboard, Libby. It's good to have broad interests in photography because they help you see
the picture in many different things. Make sure you have a look at the learning resources in the Library,
and of course, join in when you can. Posting photos and getting critique is very helpful too.
Am.

ricktas
11-06-2016, 11:40am
Welcome to AP Libby. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

Mary Anne
11-06-2016, 12:07pm
Hello Libby :action66: and Welcome to AP.. This is a great Forum to learn and good on your Dad for signing you up here :2encou:
Posting on the forums you will get good cc and help from other Members.. I know a little about Macro so can help you there.
You can always try the The Weekly Challenge (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?193-Member-Challenges-52-2016) something different every week.
And have a read of the New to Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) plenty of info there to help you when using your Dad's camera.
So hope to see you posting soon :2smile:

Mark L
11-06-2016, 9:52pm
I'm currently using dad's old Fuji FinePix camera, but when it comes to taking nicer photos he lets me use his Nikon D90.

Thinking you should suggest to dad that he needs to buy a new camera for himself.:)

Welcome aboard Libby.:th3:
Don't be afraid to get involved here in what ever way you want. Making comments on others photos is a way to learn (actually helps me consider what I like, or not in my photos)
Anyway, post away and have fun here.

bricat
15-06-2016, 10:52am
Welcome Libby. It is good to see you starting so young. There is a lot of information and help available on this site. Cheers Brian