PDA

View Full Version : favourite autumn site nightmare

mudman
25-04-2016, 4:12pm
because this autumn is so mild the autumn colours are all over the place
some spots the colour has finished, at others the colour has hardly started
i went for a drive to my favourite spot to check the colours last week, and today
horror of horrors the place has been desecrated
the reason the trees are being removed is that they are rotten and therefore dangerous

this is at the spot i usually take the scene. luckily it has improved from last week as the fencing has gone from the left hand side
with a bit of luck the rest of the fencing will be gone by the time the trees have good colour

KevPride
25-04-2016, 5:10pm
We have had some very beautiful displays this year in South Aust, with leaves hanging on longer, worst part is ths crowds of people trying to get photos.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Mark L
29-04-2016, 12:28am
They should leave the trees alone and see what happens. Suspect it's not the trees that are rotten.:(

alabaster
06-05-2016, 10:17pm
Any hot tips for autumn colours near Sydney this year? We went to Mt Tomah a couple of weeks ago, but the colours were very low key. Perhaps they've improved since then, but it hasn't been particularly cold in Sydney itself.

My wife wants to see some colours this weekend, and want to try to fit in a trip to see them on Saturday afternoon, which limits the distance we can travel.

Looks like this year might be a write off, though.

mudman
06-05-2016, 11:41pm
if you head up into the mountains towards Katoomba you might find some.
i'm in Canberra