PDA

View Full Version : Creating a photo book - which site?

landyvlad
16-03-2016, 7:18pm
I'm planning to make a photo book for the in-laws 60th wedding anniversary - a lot of it will be 'on this day' and ads from the period.

There seem to be a number of sites offering a photo-book service I was wondering if people had any recommendations?

Might even be lucky and have someone that does a discount for forum members?

Thnaks

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that I'll just be doing the one book., and would like to be able to put it together at my own pace not all in one hit. Layout options for photos and text ideally.

landyvlad
17-03-2016, 12:01am
Using Windows OS, want to edit offline, want portrait A4 size if possible. and of course good quality images.

Based on a Choice comparison, combined with a bit of my own research it would appear the front runners are:

- Momento
- MojoPro
- Imagine Books

Any comments or suggestions welcome !

Colonel
17-03-2016, 2:04am
I would suggest checking out "Blurb". Probably not the cheapest option but I did one a few years back and was very happy with the quality and options available.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8100/8632384809_aff8a6d29f_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/e9PefR)

ricktas
17-03-2016, 7:25am
www.momento.com.au : Australian Company. Brilliant product, huge range and amazing customisations. You download their software and create your book on your computer. You can add text and embelishments where-ever you want to.

aussirose
17-03-2016, 9:37am
I have tried 4 different companies. Snapfish is the easiest to use, instantly creating your book for you with your uploaded photos then you can change them around for the final production. Recently I used photobox for a big travel photo book and was very pleased with the result.

MattNQ
17-03-2016, 4:52pm
Personally, I found Snapfish clumsy and slow.
Put together an album of my wife's cakes. Damn painful process. Only stuck with it because it was a free album we had a credit for.
It also seems to have shifted some pics slightly in their frame in the printed version, cropping some images differently than laid out.
Others love it though. Might just be me :D

landyvlad
17-03-2016, 6:04pm
Thank you all for your input. Anyone know the rough turn around time for say Blurb and momento?

ricktas
17-03-2016, 6:42pm
Thank you all for your input. Anyone know the rough turn around time for say Blurb and momento?

that can change based on demand. Remember we are at the end of the Wedding Season so they will be busy running our jobs for Pro wedding photographers. Momento have another site called Momento Pro. But demand will be high at present. Maybe email them and ask.

landyvlad
17-03-2016, 7:46pm
I need it by mid May and should have it ready to go by say early April. Ought to be OK yeah?

ricktas
17-03-2016, 7:56pm
I need it by mid May and should have it ready to go by say early April. Ought to be OK yeah?

Ought to be, but the only way to be sure is contact them and ask

landyvlad
18-03-2016, 4:46pm
They said 14 days plus postage time :)

Hamster
18-03-2016, 5:55pm
I use Bob Books. Excellent off line software and good quality. I ordered 4 books last week (3 for uk delivery and ours back here) and got the notification they were dispatched yesterday. So approx 7 day turn around. For me ease of dispatch to any country is useful.
If you like I'll let you know when they turn up so you can gauge postage time.

FallingHorse
21-03-2016, 9:55pm
I create my pages in Photoshop at the size intend to print. I love the 12"x12" size. I have a library full of embellishments that I have collected from free sites over the years that I use to decorate the pages. Then I can simply use blurb or snapfish and put my pages in their software as a full sized image. I used to use Creative Memories as they had awesome digital embellishments but they went out of business. Since then I just do my full pages and upload to whichever site has the best special at the time. Snapfish is OK but I thought the quality was much better from blurb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nimrodisease
25-03-2016, 5:23pm
I have used Photobook Australia about 6 times now, with fantastic results. Very high quality books. My oldest one is 5 years old and has been well used, but it still looks great. Their software, whilst it may take a little while to get the hang of, is actually great in the level of freedom and customisation it affords.

They have sales regularly, do not pay full price.

Ian Brewster
25-03-2016, 10:00pm
Momento is excellent but too expensive for me. I have used Blurb several times and find it very good value.