PDA

View Full Version : Notifications

thegrump
02-02-2016, 11:18pm
What is this notifications that keeps coming up, as from today. I do not like clicking on things I know nothing about. Is it an official addition to AP

ricktas
03-02-2016, 7:21am
nothing has changed at the AP end. What sort of notifications? My guess is you have a browser hack, and it is causing pop-ups, not AP

Cricket
03-02-2016, 8:12am
I get it as well but only since yesterday. A pop up window asking for permission for AP to add notifications "allow or block"

ricktas
03-02-2016, 8:20am
I will check with Kym, but I have not seen it. What browser?

Cricket
03-02-2016, 8:22am
Google Chrome

Gazza
03-02-2016, 8:24am
It happened to me this morning as well...I blindly clicked 'Allow' (it was early) and no noticeable problems yet?

- - - Updated - - -

What browser?
Chrome as well....

Wanderalong
03-02-2016, 8:28am
Same here just this morning. Did the same as Gazza :D but no problems yet. Using Cyberfox.

ricktas
03-02-2016, 8:34am
Ok. I just had it pop-up, lower right of screen (firefox). I also got a FF update yesterda. it told me I had one new post like. Looks like a recent upgrade has included it, but will get Kym to verify.

Gazza
03-02-2016, 10:52am
Ok. I just had it pop-up, lower right of screen (firefox). I also got a FF update yesterda. it told me I had one new post like. Looks like a recent upgrade has included it, but will get Kym to verify.
I've just had a pop-up​, more like a.. (pop-down), lower right as well in Chrome informing me that tandeejay had just quoted me in a reply to one of his threads... :D
Could be handy?

John King
03-02-2016, 11:05am
Firefox asked me. So I almost instinctively clicked 'Disallow' ...

No problems ... :D.

I also have Adblock and Ghostery installed. These block all third party cookies, adverts and web sites.
I want to look at things on the Internet, not have them looking at me ... :eek:.

Kym
03-02-2016, 11:36am
There was an upgrade yesterday.
Various items now notify with notify capable browsers.

Gazza
03-02-2016, 11:43am
There was an upgrade yesterday.
Various items now notify with notify capable browsers.
So far it's a good thing - :th3:...I'm sure it could be turned off it gets annoying? :D

ameerat42
03-02-2016, 11:45am
In the few seconds it's up, try the "gear wheel" icon.

Kym
03-02-2016, 11:48am
The version of the taggig tool we have is the 'lite' version; the pro version allows per user control of notifications.

Mark L
03-02-2016, 11:36pm
So far it's a good thing - :th3:...I'm sure it could be turned off it gets annoying? :D

Not good.
It's just replicating something we already have. I get notified via AP notifications at top right here.
Don't need something bloody jumping out at me all of a sudden (which is what it does on FFox).
Turned off.:th3:

- - - Updated - - -

You where quick to "thanks for the useful post" Gazza.
I'm a bit slower 'cause I was making a post elsewhere and didn't want a sudden pop-up thing telling me you clicked the "thanks for the useful post" thing. (bugga, wish I'd known about that thanks as soon as it happened.:rolleyes::))
And you can't thank my for this useful post again.:D