PDA

View Full Version : Remote for Canon Eos 450D (for timelapse)

alexfrommelbourne
31-01-2016, 9:35pm
Hi,

I am wanting to try some timeless sequences using my Canon Eos 450D. I went to a camera store and was told there is only one accessory around which would enable me to do that, costing $125 (the Hahne Giga T Pro Wireless Remote). That seemed a bit much to me so I was wondering if there are any options for remotes that allow time-lapse which are compatible with the 450D. For example, the Canon RS60E3: I know this is compatible, but does it allow for timelapse? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
@alexfrommelbourne

strictfunctor
31-01-2016, 11:41pm
The Canon RS60E3 is just a remote shutter button. It does not include an intervalometer, which is what you need for timelapse. Canon doesn’t seem to make one for the E3 jack. I’d consider a TriggerTrap in your position.

http://www.triggertrap.com/#products/triggertrapmobile1

farmmax
01-02-2016, 3:13am
You might like to look at this intervalometer Timer Remote control For CANON 450D 1000D 500D T5 SLR RS-60E3 on Ebay and see if it is what you are after. At the price it is probably worth a go.

Another option is to install Magic Lantern on one of your camera's cards and that will give you a very flexible interalometer in the camera itself. The only trouble is the 450D does not officially have it's own version of Magic Lantern as far as I can see, although some people seem to be using it in 450D's.

You may like to read more about Magic Lantern (http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki). If your camera is new, you probably don't want to try Magic Lantern in it, but if it is well out of warranty, you might be interested in giving it a go.

Warning: Do not use Magic Lantern without reading and understanding exactly what it is and does, and use only if you are comfortable with updating firmware and playing with software.

alexfrommelbourne
04-02-2016, 4:30pm
Thanks!

I think I will pass on the TriggerTrap as I don't use a smartphone when travelling. I appreciate the advice!