PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom CC problem

J.davis
06-12-2015, 12:16am
Interesting how they are holding people to ransom

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/07/what-happens-to-lightroom-after-my-membership-ends.html

arthurking83
06-12-2015, 4:43am
In what way?

The way I'm seeing it(and I'm the last person to defend Adobe! :p) .. I can't see anything wrong with what Adobe are doing there.

If your subscription lapses, they still allow you access to your images .. you just can't edit them any longer.
I think that's fair enough.

Boo53
08-12-2015, 7:25pm
I was using the standalone versions of Lightroom, but found I was upgrading LR to the new versions each year and PS very 2 years or so, so it made sense for me to go to the subscription method.

When I did that I knew the implications and chose to accept them.

Down the track it may become an issue if I don't want to continue the subscription and I may have to seek alternatives.

Adobe has been offering LR & PS this way for a while now (the link you posted is over a year old) so we sign up with full knowledge of the consequences.

You could, of course, try something like Capture One and PS 6 (if its still available)

Hamster
09-12-2015, 3:19pm
Yep, I'm with the others here. I was a stand alone user before going CC, and was a little miffed about changing initially. But they did me a bit of a deal at the start, even though I wasn't technically eligible, and I'm happy with it now.
I'm not sure why people would expect to receive a service after they cease paying for it. In fact the CC service is fairly unusual in that you continue to get useful functionality for free.

Mark L
09-12-2015, 10:37pm
I'm not sure why people would expect to receive a service after they cease paying for it. In fact the CC service is fairly unusual in that you continue to get useful functionality for free.

So does that mean that if I subscribe and use CC for a year then decide to opt out I still get to use LR and PS? It'll just never be updated or what ever.:confused013

nimrodisease
09-12-2015, 10:58pm
So does that mean that if I subscribe and use CC for a year then decide to opt out I still get to use LR and PS? It'll just never be updated or what ever.:confused013
No.... if you read the link, it's just regarding Lightroom. If you opt out of your subscription, you will still have access to the library, slideshow, web, book and print modules. The develop and map modules are disabled. So, in other words, you can still see/manage your photos, but you can't process them.

Hamster
09-12-2015, 11:27pm

Nah, wot he said ^^^ [emoji3]

Mark L
09-12-2015, 11:32pm
Thanks.
Looks like I'm stuck with CS3 for a while then.