PDA

View Full Version : Exif Viewer

merlin1
07-11-2015, 12:38pm
I have been using KUSO exif viewer for the past few years: but doesn't work on Windows 10.
Can someone point me in the right direction for a replacement.

Thanks Ross.

ricktas
07-11-2015, 1:58pm
what web browser do you use? Just go into the add-ons options for your web browser and search EXIF viewer. Choose one and install.

arthurking83
07-11-2015, 3:40pm
for PC based use .. PhotoMe is my fave.
Still works in Win10.

Actually for all round goodness tho, exiftool + exiftool GUI are about as good as you'll get on a PC. Basically if the info exists within the file, this combo will read it, and in some instances can ammend it safely.
eg. I regularly shoot with some manual lenses and forget to append the lens info on the camera .. so that my 135/4.5 lens may show up as a 50/1.2 in the exif.
As I tag my images with lens info, this point can be important, so using ExiftoolGui it's safe to change that lens info to the more accurate version.
Also note that exiftool(and the GUI addon) don't really install themselves, which basically bloats the PC with all manner of flotsam. You just run it from where you placed the files and if you don't like it delete it and it's totally gone.

For rightclick-ability in a web browser there are a few options, but like Rick said "what web browser do you use?" ... and take it from there.

merlin1
07-11-2015, 6:18pm
Thanks for the info I am using Google Chrome. I will go in and have a look.

Ross.

John King
19-01-2016, 8:24pm
Does anyone know of an EXIF viewer for any Android browser?

I have spent hours searching for anything that works ... :(

ameerat42
19-01-2016, 8:28pm
Any particular browser? This Exif viewer gets some mentions on the net for android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ohakado.exifviewx&hl=en

John King
19-01-2016, 8:53pm
Gidday Am

Thanks.

Chrome on Android 4.4.2 - the infamous KitKat ...

I have tried that viewer. It tells me what I already know, the EXIF data of images in my existing device galleries. It does not integrate with Chrome in any way.

ameerat42
19-01-2016, 9:51pm
Hmm! I see. Perhaps try from in Chrome itself to search for an Exif viewer.
(Must say I hardly use a browser on Android.) But try add-ons - search for - exif viewer,
as you would for a computer version of Chrome???

- - - Updated - - -

I said "exif viewer for chrome in android" (or was it "on"?), and this one suggested itself:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/exif-viewer/nafpfdcmppffipmhcpkbplhkoiekndck?hl=en

John King
19-01-2016, 10:01pm
I've tried that, Am. No addons for Android Chrome. None. Not one! Nor for any other browser I've tried

Must be the same gentle souls at Google who decided to lock us all out of our microSD cards in KitKat ... Then tried to blame app developers!

Seven letter word, rhymes with, uh, well, ... 'cretins' ... :(

After some 40+ years in computing, I have a pretty low tolerance for poor programming. After all, that's what I have spent much of my working life doing, troubleshooting and working around these things.

ameerat42
19-01-2016, 10:14pm
Hmm! It's fast looking like a no-show!! However, have a look at the post by
"euhow" (the 2nd post ) on this page here in a thread about Tapatalk (I know
it's not Chrome or other browser)...
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/double-pictures.11711/

John King
19-01-2016, 10:45pm
Really looking that way, Am. Thanks for your persistence anyway.

I don't use Tapatalk. Almost all my mobile device use for forum access is via home WiFi, so I don't care about bandwidth/usage/speed.

Probably need to use my laptop/desktop for a lot of browsing here. They both have Opanda & Kuso EXIF Viewer installed.

I'm a refugee from the another major photo forum that has degenerated into constant warfare and nit-picking nastiness. They have 'hover over' basic EXIF data display. There, now I've given the game away :eek:. :lol:

Mark L
21-01-2016, 12:12am
I can't help you much John.:)
Maybe start a whole new thread somewhere here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-Photographic-Help-and-Advice
Some that know this stuff won't look here at such an old thread.:(
Now an aside.
Refugee from another photo forum.:eek:. Just as well you didn't try and come to this forum by boat.;) hope you find it fun to play here.:th3::)

John King
21-01-2016, 9:46am
Thanks. And thanks also for the suggestion. I'm pretty good at finding these things, but it has me beaten so far :(.

John King
22-01-2016, 4:45pm
I have succumbed to a work around.

On my tablet, if I download the image, my explorer image viewer will then allow me to view the EXIF data. It's a kluttz, but works ...

ameerat42
22-01-2016, 5:18pm
L:(:(ks like the :(nly way!

John King
22-01-2016, 6:05pm
Yeah, Am. Sometimes this is what problem solving comes down to - working out some kind of work around ... :(