PDA

View Full Version : Lens learning

J.davis
06-10-2015, 11:56pm
Long lens problem -
Shooting birds this morning and the camera won't focus, heart drops and all kinds of things go through your mind, as to the big $ fault with your gear.
Turns out, when I was shooting the Rainbow Bee Eaters, I set the lens to 10mtrs to infinity, for faster focus, and never put it back.
This mornings birds where a lot closer - dipstick :)

arthurking83
07-10-2015, 7:01am
LOL! been there done that too.

Even more silly(from me):
I was out shooting with the D300 one day long ago, and camera wouldn't AF .. at all. Tried this lens and that lens. Tried that lens again. Went to Lv mode .... nup!
I checked my AF settings via the custom settings menu, checked lots of stuff for a while, and then the last thing I thought to remember was that silly little C.S.M. toggle switch at the lower LH corner of the camera. (Nikon have recently changed the way it works and what it's called now, but the idea is the same)

The night before I was using an older AF-D type lens but manually focusing and switched it to M. so of course the camera wasn't going to AF was it :p

ricktas
07-10-2015, 7:41am
I have done that too!

Mary Anne
07-10-2015, 9:56am
I used to do it every day the Birds are up very close on the back deck and further away at the bird baths.
Now when I pick up the Birding gear I have to always look first, that is if I remember :D