PDA

View Full Version : Ant Biting

martycon
04-10-2015, 1:46pm
I found a way to slow down the120369120370se speedy ants, and it was not as painful as may seem. There is a little residual pain, from some sort of irritant, but I consider the gain worth the pain.

farmmax
05-10-2015, 1:03am
The things you will do in the interest of science and taking good photo :nod:

Beautiful detail, and definitely something different.

feathers
05-10-2015, 1:24am
Great detail martycon:nod: One set of pincers not too bad. Get a handful nibble'n ya, and they can be annoying fore-sure.:D

martycon
06-10-2015, 1:05am
Yes, it needed to be demonstrated that the bite of a Green Tree Ant is seldom if ever fatal and that the pain can be endured if one displays stoicism and fortitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when they eventually penetrate clothing and reach the nether parts. Feathers, I was suprised, and maybe disappointed that there have been no comments that this post has a sort of yucky factor.

Mark L
06-10-2015, 10:41pm
... I was suprised, and maybe disappointed that there have been no comments that this post has a sort of yucky factor.
Maybe everyone thought you where going to die?:)
Or maybe they didn't want to say you were dumb to "demonstrated that the bite of a Green Tree Ant is seldom if ever fatal". (not that I think that;))
Maybe some wanted to offer CC, but it's not in a CC thread.
BTW wonderful detail on the hairs.:D

ameerat42
06-10-2015, 10:49pm
If the ant didn't find you distasteful, why should it say "Yuck"?
Alternatively, put it down to an Ant-iclimax?
:cool:

martycon
07-10-2015, 8:52pm
I am glad that there are still some blackish hairs on me, somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

It may have done so but I didn't hear it. Strangely, there was no climax, but today the bite site was quite itchy.