PDA

View Full Version : Photo Continental Close Down Sale NOW ON !!!! Some gear looks 1/2 price.

Cage
02-10-2015, 2:27pm
Their website is now up and running with close-down specials.

Had a quick look and saw Olympus OM-D and PENs at 1/2 price.

Or how about a Metz 58 AF-1 TTL Shoe Mount Flash for Canon for @163.90, was $400.00 +.

ameerat42
02-10-2015, 2:30pm
I wonder what warranty implications there are?

Cage
02-10-2015, 4:22pm
No idea Am.

If they are an authorised dealer there shouldn't be a problem as the distributor usually covers the warranty. I guess 'Caveat Emptor' applies.

Gazza
02-10-2015, 4:27pm
Thanks Cage, just ordered a wireless remote...Not a big out-lay, but I don't expect any drama's :crossed:

ameerat42
02-10-2015, 4:30pm
No idea Am.

If they are an authorised dealer there shouldn't be a problem as the distributor usually covers the warranty. I guess 'Caveat Emptor' applies.

:nod:

Cage
02-10-2015, 4:33pm
Thanks Cage, just ordered a wireless remote...Not a big out-lay, but I don't expect any drama's :crossed:

Apart from the fact that my piggy bank is empty after buying my astro mount there was nothing there that I really needed. They were around for about forty years and seem pretty well regarded. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Mark L
02-10-2015, 10:06pm
Got a link for them close down specials Kev??
I can't seem to find it on their website.:(

nardes
03-10-2015, 6:56am
Got a link for them close down specials Kev??
I can't seem to find it on their website.:(

http://www.photocontinental.com.au/cameras/

For cameras. Click the "Lenses", "Darkroom", "Film" etc. buttons for other categories

jjphoto
03-10-2015, 8:28am
Sad to see them gone. They were one of the best Photographic dealers in the land.

JJM
06-10-2015, 10:08am
Just made a small purchase myself and will be checking the site daily as they seem to be updating it. For anyone looking for something in particular I suggest using the search function as there is some stuff for sale that doesn't seem to be listed under the headings....

Babu
24-11-2015, 2:47pm
While our backs were turned!
On a recent trip to Madagascar, my wife and I were staying at a lodge with dodgy internet access. Whilst consuming a picnic lunch at a shelter in a primary rain-forest reserve, we learned of two major developments back in Oz:
1) English bird-watchers informed us that we had had a change of Prime Minister ( same thing as when we were in Borneo - Gillard / Rudd ).
2) Another Aussie ( during a camera/ equipment discussion ) told us that Photo Continental were closing their photographic sales business but not their craft business.
When we next had net access and could confirm that both developments were correct, I could determine my reactions:
1) First term Prime Minister oustings in Australia had become par for the course in recent history but, hopefully, this change would be for the better.
2) Family companies in many industries seem to struggle to remain viable. People I had dealt with long-term in hi-fi and winery businesses had to sell up or sell out to bigger corporations.
However, I was really taken aback by the Photo Continental close down. I had been there in the months prior to our trip and bought a Canon 7D II, a Canon 5DsR and a Canon 100-400mm II as well as various accessories.
Mark had given me good deals, business seemed very steady with no indication of any imminent change.

Cage, PC had traded for 64 years ( opened their doors in 1951 ).