PDA

View Full Version : Photo Continental ..... Gone!

JJM
14-09-2015, 1:57pm
Just saw the sad news that photo continental has shut it's doors..... :(

https://www.facebook.com/PhotoContinental-263582337343 (https://www.facebook.com/PhotoContinental-263582337343)

Cage
14-09-2015, 2:53pm
Sad to see another B&M store go.

I guess a lot more are hoping they can hang in there till the new GST rules come into force.

deef
15-09-2015, 11:20am
That is most sad as PC has been my favourite b&m photo shop since the late 70's.

dtkleo
16-09-2015, 3:52pm
I thought I needed a hobby to cheer me up and feel better by doing something creative and hands on. So I decided to try medium format photography. I just bought several rolls of 120 film and a TLR camera. :(

Cage
16-09-2015, 4:15pm
I thought I needed a hobby to cheer me up and feel better by doing something creative and hands on. So I decided to try medium format photography. I just bought several rolls of 120 film and a TLR camera. :(

A nice shiny new Rolleiflex I hope. :nod:

Looking forward to seeing some shots.

ricktas
16-09-2015, 8:18pm

After joining AP 6 years ago it has taken you 6 years to realise a photography hobby might cheer you up? Suppose we might get to see a photo from you around 2022 at this rate :D

Mark L
17-09-2015, 12:25am
With the Aus $ coming down so much recently it may make some B&M stores becoming more competitive again.
Of cause that doesn't help if you're not close to anyone that has a bit of competition to be competitive with. Though I can now look for Australian online stuff.

So on AP you're just as relevant as Photo Continental are.
Time to join in??