PDA

View Full Version : How far is too far... Paparazzi

Kym
15-08-2015, 1:20am
http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/palace-says-paparazzi-harassing-george/story-e6frfkui-1227484234284

IN an open letter, Kensington Palace communications secretary Jason Knauf said on Friday that "a line has been crossed and any further escalation in tactics would represent a very real security risk" to the two-year-old prince.

"Prince George is currently their (the paparazzi's) number one target," said the letter. "We have made the decision to discuss these issues now as the incidents are becoming more frequent and the tactics more alarming." The royal couple guards the privacy of their children closely and George has only appeared in public five times, most recently at the christening of his younger sister Charlotte last month.

Most media publications have respected the family's wishes to only publish official photos of the prince, which have been released intermittently. But some publications, mainly from abroad, have not. In one incident last week, police apparently discovered a car parked near a children's play area in which a photographer had hung sheets to create what the palace called "a hide stocked with food and drinks to get him through a full day of surveillance".

The photographer was lying in the boot trying to take pictures with a long lens through a small gap.

I reckon children are always off topic. They have gone too far. I'd suggest the British Secret Service shoot a few Paparazzi and the problem will go away :D

Glenda
15-08-2015, 6:45am
Who would want their lives, it would be like living in a goldfish bowl.

ameerat42
15-08-2015, 9:38am
Who's to blame? Everyone, variously.

arthurking83
15-08-2015, 11:08am

yeah, without demand, supply would never be an issue.

But then again are the media hyping up 'demand'.
That is, do the people really want to know/see/hear all the stuff, or is it the case where the media create the demand by producing it all, and then hyping up the story which then piques people's curiosity.

...... I'd suggest the British Secret Service shoot a few Paparazzi and the problem will go away :D

If I'm allowed to correct this quote .. change "a few" to "all" and problem solved.

Mary Anne
15-08-2015, 12:00pm

Not me I am not the least interested. Also too mean to buy a newspaper though they are needed for starting the fire of a night, and doing the Crosswords.

Been to the UK a few times and I will say the daily newspaper over there *The Sun* is the biggest load of garbage I have ever seen in my life.

Morgo
15-08-2015, 6:08pm
Everyone? This is the first time I'm hearing they have two kids. My interest level, which is the same as far more people than the media would have you believe, is zero.

ameerat42
15-08-2015, 6:35pm
I think the distinction between the collective "everyone" and the individual is clear.

Kym
15-08-2015, 7:05pm
As regards open season on Paparazzi ... one of the issues raised is that by hiding to get photos the Paparazzi may easily be mistaken for a genuine security threat and be shot by special branch.
Given the heightened nature of security now-a-days it might actually happen.

ameerat42
15-08-2015, 7:59pm
Wouldn'tcher feel a fool trying to gain entrance at the Pearly Gates with that story!!:D:D