PDA

View Full Version : A Kodak Moment!

ricktas
28-06-2015, 6:30pm
Hi all

I was sent this photo to share with the AP members.

This is the Kodak Hobart store, Christmas window display from 1959!

Cage
28-06-2015, 6:58pm
That takes the mind back, and I was around at the time.

I'd actually had my Model F Brownie for a few years by then, the flash looking brown one. I thought I was super 'tog.

Thanks for sharing, and reminding me I've just turned 74. :lol2:

ricktas
28-06-2015, 7:14pm
I just loved seeing all those brownies lined up.

DacrimL
28-06-2015, 7:46pm
Can't quite remember that far back but I do remember the store as I used to frequent it a lot in the 80's & 90's. I hope it is still operating.

macmich
28-06-2015, 7:49pm
i was born in 59, no wonder i had an ugly mug shot

pyRRhic
28-06-2015, 9:09pm

I'd actually had my Model F Brownie for a few years by then, the flash looking brown one. I thought I was super 'tog.

Thanks for sharing, and reminding me I've just turned 74.:

Hi

The 'brown' Brownie-F I have dates at 1955. My father gave me it as my first camera and I still have my negs/prints. In contract to the simple ratio to quality over time (aka long term 'no fade' period) they have done much better than the, later, prints which are now distantly faded. (Who said colour was best!).

I also have a number of dad's prints/negs which I am collating for national archiving. Likewise, I am doing the same with mine (including later in colour).

However, the riddle for me is that while, today, I can talk about 65 year old neg/prn's will that be the case for those who follow my/our endeavours?

God forbid, do not think of aboriginals using ochre on rocks.

Welcome to my melancholy day.

cheez
pyRRhic

Bennymiata
03-07-2015, 8:03pm
I was almost 4 when that shot was taken.
I had to wait another year before I got a Box Brownie.

CathyC
04-07-2015, 8:11am
LOL - great shot! I wasn't even born when that shot was taken :) I love the huge window displays, but I love the empty milk bottles out the front even more :D

Mary Anne
04-07-2015, 8:34am
That is really interesting Rick I had a Brownie Box though cannot remember which one and Thanks for Sharing.
I was around at that time working to pay for that Brownie

LOL but I love the empty milk bottles out the front even more :D

So thats what they are I have a head cold at present and with watery eyes I could not make them out so Thanks.