PDA

View Full Version : Tamron 24-70 f2.8 for under $1000 ?????

Cargo
10-05-2015, 11:36am
I've been looking for a new lens and decided on the Tamron, so I started hunting for the best price. Biggest surprise ..... AP sponsor Digital Camera Gear have this lens for $999 all Australian. This is cheaper than some of the grey imports and the overseas online shops !!!! Am i missing something here ????? Why would it be so cheap ???? And will it stay this cheap because I'm not sure I can come up with the $$$$ in the next couple of days ..... Although I will beg borrow grovel & kiss the proverbial if necessary

Cheers Cargo

feathers
10-05-2015, 12:49pm
Cargo, l think this is the older version, as it hasn't got the "VC" vibration control added in the specs. That model jumps up in price.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooops l was looking at the 70 - 200:o

Cargo
10-05-2015, 12:57pm
Hey feathers just went and checked this is the model - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 SP DI VC USD Lens - Nikon
Reckon I should start begging & borrowing ;) I'm getting agitated as I'm scared I'll miss out :D

Cheers Cargo

I @ M
10-05-2015, 1:02pm
I don't think you are missing something, the price is only $60.00 more expensive than one prominent grey seller ( pre freight cost ) so it does look to be an appealling deal.

Cargo
10-05-2015, 1:42pm
Thanks Andrew :D
No begging etc :D

Cheers Cargo

Cage
10-05-2015, 3:13pm
Just to make you more agitated I have the lens, and it is a bloody ripper. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending it. :lol2:

I paid $1020.00 + $9.95 postage from Teds twelve months ago, and our dollar was a lot higher then. Looks like a real good deal.

danny
10-05-2015, 4:00pm
The company that is licensed to sell/import into Australia have committed to price matching. So they will always be around the same price. I think I got mine at around the $1K mark a while ago. I remember being equally amazed as you when I discovered this (thanks Rick). The lens may be a little dearer at a smaller shop, but there shouldn't be any real difference. I have the 24-70 and the 70-200 Tamron both are fantastic. Now i've got my eye in the 90mm macro VC. :D

Cargo
10-05-2015, 5:02pm
Just to make you more agitated I have the lens, and it is a bloody ripper. No hesitation whatsoever in recommending it. :lol2:

I paid $1020.00 + $9.95 postage from Teds twelve months ago, and our dollar was a lot higher then. Looks like a real good deal.

Thanks Kev .... I was about to go into a tail spin ;) and then read Danny's post below
I'm still excited but can wait now .... No selling my soul to whoever for immediate cash :devil6:

Cheers Cargo

- - - Updated - - -

The company that is licensed to sell/import into Australia have committed to price matching. So they will always be around the same price. I think I got mine at around the $1K mark a while ago. I remember being equally amazed as you when I discovered this (thanks Rick). The lens may be a little dearer at a smaller shop, but there shouldn't be any real difference. I have the 24-70 and the 70-200 Tamron both are fantastic. Now i've got my eye in the 90mm macro VC. :D

Thanks for that bit of info Danny :th3:
Even though I had decided on the Tamron I hadn't planned on getting it straight away ...... But if it was going to be the deal of the year
..... Well !!!!

Cheers Cargo

Mark L
10-05-2015, 10:30pm
I'm still excited but can wait now .... No selling my soul to whoever for immediate cash :devil6:

Bugga, was about to offer you a loan.:(